The ScummVM Team have released a new version of ScummVM for nearly every system released, heres the details and whats new etc:
Information about scummvm
ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more.
Todays release news:
As we turned to a 6 months release cycle, here is our newest and best ScummVM version for you!
A couple of new engines were added, and besides 2 Humongous Entertainment titles, we now support The 7th Guest and Bud Tucker in Double Trouble.
Among other notable things there is a completely new vector-based GUI, which is a merged work of our last year GSoC student Vicent Marti, as well as a General Main Menu which adds a common save/load interface to most of our engines, adding the much awaited Return to Launcher feature along the way. It was the work of another successful student, Chris Page.
- Added MIDI driver for Atari ST / FreeMint.
- Added a 'Load' button to the Launcher (not supported by all engines).
- Added a new global main menu (GMM) dialog usable from all engines.
- Added the ability to return to the launcher from running games (via the GMM).
- Rewrote GUI renderer to use an vector based approach.
- Rewrote GUI configuration to use XML.
- Added support for Blue's 123 Time Activities.
- Added support for Blue's ABC Time Activities.
- Added support for Bud Tucker in Double Trouble.
- Added support for The 7th Guest.
- Added support for Auto-save feature.
- Added support for MIDI music.
- Implemented radio-chatter effect in The DIG.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)