Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DaedalusX64 Beta 2 - Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Newbie

evilgonzo make sure you play with the settings before posting is not working
    Both Goldeneye and Pilotwings works with Loop opt disabled.

DCEmu Newbie

every time i try to start a game (and i follow the recomended settings in the readme) my psp crashes, and im testimg games that worked with beta 1 ....anyone else have this??

Command and Conquer Doesn't boot. Unplayable

F-Zero X Works, but takes awhile to boot, the menu is invisible as well as the in-game vehicle graphic, making the game virtually unplayable. Runs at a 20-35 frame rate with the audio option disabled. (Strangely this game almost worked perfectly in the r11 or r12 version of Deadalus.) Unplayable

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Works, minor graphic issues, fps with audio is 9-15. fps without audio is 10-17. Playable

Lego Racers Deadalus continues running but the game itself does not start. Unplayable

Star Fox 64 Works. Fast even with audio enabled (20-35fps), but with audio disabled this game has an amazing in-game frame rate of 30-45. Playable

Super Mario 64 Works with a high frame rate. (Of course.) Playable+

Super Smash Bros.
    Works with occasional crashing (blue screen of death). Frame rate is 15-35 in-game with audio enabled and there are only a few minor graphic issues. Playable

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 works with a 15-24 frame rate.
    When the Audio is enabled however, the game begins to drop down to 2-10 frames per second and usually displays a blue screen of death before you can complete a level. Texture update check needs to be enables in order to see a few minor but necessary options throughout the game. Graphics aren't perfect, but the game is overall playable, if the audio is disabled. Playable

Also, this beta has issues with quitting one rom and starting another. After exiting a game and returning to the rom selection menu, once you chose another rom and select "Start Emulation" Daedalus freezes.
    Last edited by Epedemical; March 4th, 2009 at 02:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Epedemical View Post
    Also, this beta has issues with quitting one rom and starting another. After exiting a game and returning to the rom selection menu, once you chose another rom and select "Start Emulation" Daedalus freezes.
    for me too. i tought because phat has less ram than slim and this doesnt hapens on slim

DCEmu Newbie

i can confirm that the daedalus beta 2 is not compatable with CFW 3.71....i updated straight to 5.00 m33-6 and all is well now

Quote Originally Posted by zxxxy18 View Post
    for me too. i tought because phat has less ram than slim and this doesnt hapens on slim
    Figures. Although it seems like if possible they should make it so that daedalus will clear the ram after quitting a rom so no one runs into this problem, as it gets annoying quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by stanfy86 View Post
    i can confirm that the daedalus beta 2 is not compatable with CFW 3.71....i updated straight to 5.00 m33-6 and all is well now
    Yeah, I had to upgrade my PSP from CFW 3.71 to CFW 5.00 to get this to work as well.

Army Men: Air Combat Graphical issues, game boots but images freeze onto screen and constantly flash preventing the game from being playable. Unplayable.

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes Graphical issues, game boots but images freeze onto screen and constantly flash preventing the game from being playable. Unplayable.

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 Graphical issues, game boots but images freeze onto screen and constantly flash preventing the game from being playable. Unplayable.

Banjo-Kazooie Extremely slow frame rate that leads to crashing if audio is enabled. With audio disabled this game works with a frame rate of 5-9. Playable-

Crusin' USA Does not get past title. Daedalus continues running, but rom seems to halt. Unplayable

Perfect Dark Doesn't boot. Unplayable

Pokemon Stadium 2 Actual battling does not work but the beginning menus do. Unplayable+

StarCraft 64 Doesn't boot. Unplayable

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Takes a long time to begin emulating and then remains at a black screen with a low frame rate. Unplayable

Star Wars Episode I: Racer Graphical issues, freezes at main menu. Unplayable

Stunt Racer Doesn't boot. Unplayable

Quote Originally Posted by Epedemical View Post
    Pokemon Stadium 2 Actual battling does not work but the beginning menus do. Unplayable+
    Well then what's this about:

(1:28)

It's listed as playable on their official forum.

Quote Originally Posted by No_one_in_particular View Post
    Well then what's this about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joy3Oh8JRLQ

(1:28)

It's listed as playable on their official forum.
    Perhaps it is a PSP Phat-only issue. I retested it and I got the same results. It still crashed at the beginning of the battle scene.

DCEmu Newbie

Happy to see this still an active project. Still hoping to play goldeneye on the PSP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information