Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DaedalusX64 Beta 2 - Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Newbie

OK some one needs to make an emulater that plays paper mario or some one needs to give me a link to one that will play it or a rom that will work cause thats the only game i want to play! You can send it to my email [email protected] and put as subject Paper mario

Right! Everybody stop what they're doing, imsonic wants to play a specific game!

:P

DCEmu Newbie

how can i play mario64 on psp

By using an emulator

DCEmu Newbie

ya its funny how people can sit here that know how to make emulaters and just talk about it insted of making one that works. Its sooo muck easyer to emulate a ps1 then a n64

DCEmu Newbie

And yes everyone should stop what there doing just for me And others that like to play N64 insted of playing games in slowmoshin and without sound

DCEmu Newbie

I can confirm that this emulator is not compatable with firmware 3.71 m33, i had to update in order to get it to work.

@ imsonic, the devs have stated that they arent working on specific rom optimizations, but general optimizations to the emu to increase general rom playability, yes many games get un-playable framerate, but because this is a HUGE task (coding wise) we wont see every game playable for a while, just be patient.
    Last edited by stanfy86; April 20th, 2009 at 23:00.

DCEmu Newbie

i know that but whats funny is making an emulater of ps1 is easyer and you can play almost any game with sound and without lag but the n64 emulater cant play much games and the ones they do dont realy play sound and or lags with or without lag.

DCEmu Coder

Stadium 2 is well "mostly playable". There is an issue with the gym leader castle, but the game is playable for the most part. Also, Salvy recently fixed a bunch of the graphics in the game as well.

Edit: Sorry, that was a response to an earlier post. The PS1 emulator is made by Sony. So, if you would just ask Nintendo for the source code to the N64 firmware and a complete API for it and we'll finish fixing things up right away just for you. Secondly, the N64 is harder to emulate do to the N64's hardware vs. the PS1's hardware.
    Last edited by Kreationz; April 23rd, 2009 at 10:23. Reason: Resonse to stupid comment.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Epedemical View Post
    Figures. Although it seems like if possible they should make it so that daedalus will clear the ram after quitting a rom so no one runs into this problem, as it gets annoying quickly.

Yeah, I had to upgrade my PSP from CFW 3.71 to CFW 5.00 to get this to work as well.
    This issue on the Phat has been resolved. The old code got broke when Howard0su added the code to fully load ROMs up to 12Mb into the Slim's memory. I fixed the bug for the Phat and now it loads up to 16Mb ROM's fully into the Slim's memory. (Which is strangely the largest ROM buffer it will handle at the moment...) Now it Phat compatible and a tiny bit faster on the Slim.

BTW, this change along with some graphical updates and some other changes have been released at the SourceForge site as Beta 2 Update. It was Alpha Rev 333. We're at 337 currently with a few more graphical fixes F-Zero being one of them, but the (U) version of the ROM doesn't work. lnglish users should use the (E) version.

Final Note: Default settings should work for most games now. Loop Optimization and Double Display have been removed due to bugs in them.
    Last edited by Kreationz; April 23rd, 2009 at 10:32. Reason: Final Note

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information