Thread: NeoCD PSP v0.9 Released! (NeoCD Emulator for PSP)

Blog Entries

Default NeoCD PSP v0.9 Released! (NeoCD Emulator for PSP)

Zelurker continues update yoyofr’s original NeoCD PSP v0.5 NeoGeo CD emulator.

Here’s what’s new in this release:

Added L trigger and R trigger function to configure key combination.
    (Default : old behavior, and you can change it in menu)
    (If you want to enter menu, press L+select simultaneously and if you want to take snapshot, press R+select simultaneously this replaces old "select lock)
    Changed some default values :
    CPU clock333, ScreenZoom1, FrameskipAuto, RegionUSA
    Better centering of confirmation dialogs
    Fixed pressing ltrigger in main menu, or rtrigger in font selector
    Added title "Font selector"
    Changed the tabs drawing
    Fixed auto-repeat of keys in file browser
    fixed the stupid incompatibility in sceGuScissor with psp sdks more recent than 27/12/2005. It should allow to compile neocdpsp with any sdk now. (thanks to camiyu1 for spotting the problem !)
    Fix for the famous raster interrupt of the previous version : the 85% speed of art of fighting is now working, and there is a special case to make neo drift out to work correctly. This also fixes Samurai shodown 3. This created actually less bugs than what I feared.
    Fixed the mp3 music not resuming in aero fighters 3 (very special case). Actually this is a genral fix for the mp3s so this might affect some other games too, but in the good way.
    Replaced "Sound Enable" in the menu by "Sound volume"
    Added a file cache, which avoids to load already loaded files (samurai spirits rpg tries 10% of the time to load files which are already loaded!)
    Changed completely the way the neocd emulator loads its game files. The patch.prg file previously needed for "samurai spirits rpg" becomes useless. Just delete it if it's still in your neocdpsp directory ! This fixes at least the sound in samurai spirits rpg, and the music is now playing at the beginning of "puzzled" This also allows to fix 90% of the upload area problems. The only game I could find which is still broken with this area is "neo geo cdspecial", and I made a special case for it. It's a potential for lots of new bugs, but apparently everyting is fine or better than before now !

Download Via Comments

DCEmu Pro

Wow, no rest for this coder,lol. I haven´t had a chance to try this version but since your other version is great, this one can only be better. I had never heard of neogeo until I got my psp. Now the emu doesn´t leave my memstick. Thanks and keep up the good work!!

Bugfix release
    Version 0.9.1
    This fixes a stupid mistake in 0.9 which was breaking many games using the raster interrupt like aof2 at any speed other than 100% and viewpoint intro.

There still is no green field in Super Sidekicks 3. It is like you are playing in the middle of the air. I hope someone works on this. Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

one question, the thinge keeps on tellin me "fatal error, could not locate neocd bin" what do i do with that? and i put the rom in as a .zip file, is that ok?

DCEmu Newbie

now it tells me "fail allocating prg memory" what do i do with that?

This is great.

DCEmu Newbie

no one is goin to help me is there?

Great! i cant wait for till ad hoc multiplayer for neo geo cd becomes possible.

Thread Information