Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advent Children gets US release date, voice cast

Blog Entries

Default Advent Children gets US release date, voice cast

Source Gamespot

It's been a long time coming for North American fans of Final Fantasy, but the countdown can officially begin--home versions of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is coming to the US on April 25. The computer animated film based on the Square Enix franchise was previously released in theaters and on UMD and DVD in Japan, where it has sold hundreds of thousands of copies. The 101-minute film was directed by Tetsuya Nomura and Tekeshi Nozue and written by Kazushige Nojima.

The stars of the movie's English-language cast were also revealed today. Steve Burton, who gamers may know as the voice of Cloud Strife in the Kingdom Hearts games, was a lock to reprise the role of Cloud for the movie, but two Hollywood starlets will also become very familiar to FF fans soon. Rachael Leigh Cook (Josie and the Pussycats, She's All That) and Mena Suvari (American Beauty, Six Feet Under) will voice Tifa and Aerith, respectively, in both Advent Children and the upcoming PlayStation 2 game Kingdom Hearts II.

Those who can't decide between the DVD and the PSP-friendly UMD formats may want to opt for the DVD version. The 2-disc set features a bonus DVD with a story digest, deleted scenes, a "making of" featurette, and footage from the film's debut at the 2004 Venice Film Festival, as well as peeks of upcoming Final Fantasy VII-based games.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is rated PG-13 and will retail for $26.96.

yes would be good to watch this in english
    finally
    and its good that we are seeing more famous actors hitting the games
    instead of sticking with movies
    they must have just realise how much money is actually in gaming

What a startng line up!

I've had the Japanese version from the internet since like September or October, I can't remember. It's really disappointing that it has taken so long for them to make this movie. Oh well, it isn't too bad watching it in Japanese with English subtitles.

i gotta say, the english subtitles really SUCKED!---it like...cuts off the screen if there is too much text and doesn't go to a second like sometimes.... and near the sephiroth scence...the subtitles do some weird giberish--like computer code! wtf! is it just my copy or does anyone else have this problem? o well, its a good movie anyways. and awesome graphics..watched it like...5 TIMES the first day i got it! ^_^ ---now...i wanna see a kingdom hearts movie! HECK YES!

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lilvietquoc
    i gotta say, the english subtitles really SUCKED!---it like...cuts off the screen if there is too much text and doesn't go to a second like sometimes.... and near the sephiroth scence...the subtitles do some weird giberish--like computer code! wtf! is it just my copy or does anyone else have this problem?
    That's just your version. I watched it through the whole way twice without a problem.. it might be a problem with your subtitle file or the program you're using. ^^; But I never had a problem. Also, the subtitles were pretty good, at least in the one I have.

DCEmu Newbie

I would care a lot more about this release if they did it 5 months ago.
    I watched the movie the day it came out.
    Illegally might I add.

If they had just done the smart thing in the first place and not introduced the umd region codes, I would have bought it rather than pirate it.

This is all that stupid merger.

Why did you merge dammit!!?

WHY!?

Yes, this has taken a ridiculous amount of time to hit the U.S. Maybe this will be one of the new UMD/DVD bundle deals where you get both. That would be smart and that would be worth it to me.

what is the point.
    subtitled versions are always so much stronger - as the voice acting is superior.
    i dont understand japanese but i can read english.
    the version i watched had perfect subtitles and was an awesome film.
    i will not be bothering with the dubbed version.

DCEmu Newbie

Yessssssssss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information