Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dream On Magazine Poll

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Dream On Magazine Poll

MetaFox is working on an interesting project and now needs your feedback:[br][br]I am just about ready to release the unofficial print magazine dedicated to Dreamcast, Dream On, but I want to gauge which route to go about selling the magazine. Professional printing is expensive, so I'm going to do a cheaper, less profesional print run if demand isn't high.[br][br]Please, state in this topic if you are going to be purchasing the magazine or not, so I can decide what format print run to produce the magazine.

DCEmu Rookie

Default Re: Dream On Magazine Poll

I'll buy a copy for me and probably a copy for everyone I know with a DC. So that's around 5 copies or so, especially if the price is in the $5 to $7 range.

Very much looking forward to the mag.

-HD

Note: I did not participate in the DCEmu poll.

It'll even include a CD with independent / homebrewn games

All for 5 Dollars!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i think i will have to give in and Register to dcemu.com :'(
    just so i can orderr the mag!

[quote author=Darksaviour69 link=board=homebrew;num=1088700296;start=0#3 date=07/01/04 at 19:01:18]i think i will have to give in and Register to dcemu.com :'(
    just so i can orderr the mag![/quote]
    You can order it without voting in the poll.

That's just there to gauge interest - it's not for collecting preorders. I'll just add 1 to the final total of the poll.

If you post in this topic, and you don't vote in the poll at DCEmulation, please make a note of that in your post. If you post in this topic, and you have already voted in the poll at DCEmulation, please make a note of that, too. That will help MetaFox keep track of how many people are really voting and responding.

@Meta - I think this is a great idea, and, if I can get up the scratch (things are extremely tight right now, but hopefully they should start to get better in the near future) I will probably order, too. I did not vote in the DCEmulation poll, because I didn't want to say "Yes" if I'm not able to get the scratch together.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

well i did not sign up to DCemu.co forums for over 2 years on protest (i sure no one cared ;D ) but i signed up to show support for your cause! i really want this mag (something to read while on the bog)

i'm sure its said all the time, but Meta your a great guy, a real hero to the DC underground! </sucking up> ;D

DCEmu Newbie

If it has content to read thats not available on the net and homebrew exclusive to the cd and also not available on the net then its a good idea.

but if i can read and dload the content off the net then your onto a dead duck im afraid.

tinku :-/

[quote author=tinku link=board=homebrew;num=1088700296;start=0#7 date=07/03/04 at 10:14:58]If it has content to read thats not available on the net and homebrew exclusive to the cd and also not available on the net then its a good idea.

but if i can read and dload the content off the net then your onto a dead duck im afraid.

tinku :-/[/quote]
    It definately has content not available on the internet. Interviews, rumors, reviews, etc. I haven't put these up on the DreamOn Internet site for the reason that I want it to be physical magazine-exclusive.

As for content on the disc - it's Beneath a Steel Sky for the first issue, using the ScummVM engine. The game and engine are of course available on the internet, but the disc will be pressed (CD-ROM not CD-R), and it will automatically boot into BASS like a standard Dreamcast game, instead of booting into the ScummVM-DC menu - a feature that isn't available anywhere on the internet.

Future discs will have content-exclusive titles and shareware releases that can be unlocked from the CD.

ik popped over to dcemu.com , to see how the voting is going..... 116, mmm not too great. still i would think there are lots of poeple out side out online commuity that wopuld buy the mag, but on the other hand out of the 116 so far , i'm sure there will be a few that don't buy the mag.

hard too know what to do...i reallly hope u do release it... but understand if u can not.

btw would your first disk be pretty much the same as the dcevolution release of Beneath a Steel Sky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information