Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Monkey 64 Present !!

DCEmu Newbie

Oks PSmonkey follows its good work, and take its necessary time

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    Yeah, lets not jump the gun. Multiplayer is not working in any EMU yet except SMS Plus. So to expect it in a WIP N64 EMU is probably asking too much. I personally long for a day when it may be possible to play Zelda - Ocarina of Time on the PSP. Even this might be expecting too much.
    Wait, you mean on psp, right, because project 64 for PC has online multiplayer. which the source is availab;e for. I think it could me modified to allow multiplayer. but yes lets not jump the gun

DCEmu Newbie

My view on all of this is the following: You are an amazing coder, and I cant beleive how well you are doing. But to me, seeing how Snes even doesnt run PERFECTLY, I dont think games like Legend of Zelda OoT, will every be at a playable state. The PSP can handle the graphics no doubt, but not when being emulated. I only hope my words come back to haunt me some day, and it looks like you could prove me wrong. In my oppinion though, it would be better to code a converter. Something that could convert n64 roms into an eboot. Im pretty sure something like this exists for the PC, though it didnt work very well, but it shows its possible.If each game could be converted, then no emulation of sorts would even be needed.

But I really dont care. I cant wait to see what you add next to this thing regardless. Keep up the amazing work, and dont forget, Mario is waiting.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by WACOMalt
    My view on all of this is the following: You are an amazing coder, and I cant beleive how well you are doing. But to me, seeing how Snes even doesnt run PERFECTLY, I dont think games like Legend of Zelda OoT, will every be at a playable state. The PSP can handle the graphics no doubt, but not when being emulated. I only hope my words come back to haunt me some day, and it looks like you could prove me wrong. In my oppinion though, it would be better to code a converter. Something that could convert n64 roms into an eboot. Im pretty sure something like this exists for the PC, though it didnt work very well, but it shows its possible.If each game could be converted, then no emulation of sorts would even be needed.

But I really dont care. I cant wait to see what you add next to this thing regardless. Keep up the amazing work, and dont forget, Mario is waiting.
    What you sudgest would be difficult but is simular in a sense to dynamic or static recompiling of the rom instructions. This is something I ultimately plan to add into the emulator for playable speed. Psp & N64 Cpu are very simular in alot of ways. The only major differences is the n64 had 64bit registers and the psp only has 32bit. Yet at the same time a majority of n64 instructions were 32bit with a few 64bit instructions. With some tender loving care it should not be a huge problem.

PSP Coder

Hey just a small note but other then doing a few small things I am gonna take a break from monkey 64 today to work on iris. My head is still spinning after trying to trace bugs over the weekend.

I have a nastly bug regaring n64 star demo that is writing an address into memory (somewhere, not sure when its writen yet) and then later loading that value back up and jumping to that address (which is an instruction jumping to its self). What makes it hard is the fact the section of code that makes the branch is fine and dandy as this section is looped numerous times but later something writes the address to branch to a looping jump instruction.

Anyways like I said. I am going to write a few things today like a screen capture code so I can take shots of stuff running. Then i'm going to put some time into iris.

WOW! Psmonkey you are the coolest coder I have ever seen! Keep up the good work, can't wait fo Mario 64!!!!

PSP Coder

Here is the clean screenshot I promissed ( I just quickly copied my screen snag code from iris ).

DCEmu Coder

Wow. Looking good. Good luck with the emulator.

I've never really understood what's involved in writing an emulator, how much work would be involved in writing a dynamic or static recompiler and what does it do? Does it patch the functions called by the game and make them compatible for the PSP CPU as they are called?

Is this a PD rom for the N64? It looks amazing! But why isn't it 3D?

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by middlemaniac
    Is this a PD rom for the N64? It looks amazing! But why isn't it 3D?
    Yup it is a PD rom for n64. Most n64 pd roms are 2d. If it was 3d it would not work at the moment since 3d requires rsp emulation and I haven't even begun to touch the rsp (alot of work involved & I want to get other things working first).

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information