Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Monkey 64 Present !!

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jas0nuk
    Wow. Looking good. Good luck with the emulator.

I've never really understood what's involved in writing an emulator, how much work would be involved in writing a dynamic or static recompiler and what does it do? Does it patch the functions called by the game and make them compatible for the PSP CPU as they are called?
    [Note: This is to my knowledge]

In a nutshell, you rebuild the ROM so it calls the hosts native registers instead of the orignal platform ones. This can only be done if the platforms hardwre are simiilar.

The reason why it is faster is that you have a lower operation overhead for the 'emulator' since it is calling the hardware directly rather then having to go through middleware and wasting instructions/operations to translate the hardware calls.

The downside is that you have to know the hardware in and out to pull it off effectively and only work with a limited number of games.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    Yup it is a PD rom for n64. Most n64 pd roms are 2d. If it was 3d it would not work at the moment since 3d requires rsp emulation and I haven't even begun to touch the rsp (alot of work involved & I want to get other things working first).
    There are some good 2d commercial games for N64 one being Bangai-o (only 16 meg ,might be good for testing)

DCEmu Rookie

Give us lots of updates. We'll be watching and waiting!
    Thanks a ton!

I LOVE YOU PSMONKEY!

DCEmu Newbie

Good work but how are you supposed to download it? and could someone give me some links to downloads that work with a psp version 2.6?

give the guy a break!
    Its not ready yet.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

#1. You can't download it yet.
    #2. It probably won't work on a 2.60 PSP.

keep up the good work man. i just saw you mentioned in PSM!!!! you are going to get an unbelievable number of support now. tons of luck.

Before I upgrade my PSP to 2.6 in a couple of hours to play GoC, will this emulator ever work with 2.6? Is it possible?

Doubt it because you can't use 2.6 firmware to access the kernal support that 1.5 homebrew friendly firmware has. Also this question has been asked a 100 time look around before you ask questions like this.

PSmonkey you know you have my support 110% but I have a question. I mean just be strait foward I know you said you could maybe one day in the future have Mario64 running at 30 frames per second but how playable is that really? I mean 30 frames per second isn't that like trying to play game boy advanced with the emulators available for the psp (slow as hell). And not trying to bust balls but I mean I don't ever see games like Zelda Ocarina of time ever possible. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And believe me I hope im wrong.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information