Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars Released by Pirates

Blog Entries

NDS Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars Released by Pirates

Nintendo and rockstar are sure to be annoyed when they find out that the biggest game of the year Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars has already been released by pirate groups onto the internet and even though it has protection to stop flash carts playing it, in the last day or so even that has been cracked to allow playback on most flash cards with the patching of an Arm9 file.

Sad to say the pirates have ruined one of the best releases of the year and more significantly will prompt Nintendo to do more to thwart both piracy and sadly for us the Homebrew community.

- Please do not link to piracy/release sites in the comments, DCEmu is against any piracy.

Pirates do not ruin.Companies ruin our wallets with their high prices of the videogames.Pirates just want videogames to be for everyone and not only for japanese and rich english boys

Quote Originally Posted by kojiro7 View Post
    Pirates do not ruin.Companies ruin our wallets with their high prices of the videogames.Pirates just want videogames to be for everyone and not only for japanese and rich english boys
    I agree, most games that come out for the ds aren't worth £10 let alone £30-£40, and people wil always buy original copies to have the extras (guitar hero controlor, rockstar rucksack etc)

I was thinking about this issue when I was in a games shop, the fact that I don't have a lot of money stops me from buying games, thanks to pirates I can still play them.

The market looses absolutely nothing from me as a customer, as I would never have bought ANY of the games in the first place,.. Piracy makes it possible for people with no money to play, and appreciate games.

The "we loose money" complaint from the industry is a false one as more than 3/4 of the people that have flashcards don't have the means to purchase the real deal..

(If I did have the money I would buy all my games, and people that do have money should).

However, Chinatown wars is one of the games that IS worth saving your loose change to buy, I have a lot of respect for Rockstar's work (except manhunt) and I have no problem putting money into their company.

As soon as It is out in Europe I am going to buy it (even if I can get it for free on a flashcard) as having a real copy actually means something where GTA games are concerned.
    Last edited by loungelizard; March 15th, 2009 at 20:09. Reason: after thought

DCEmu Newbie

The whole area of piracy is a bit of a gray one as far as i'm concerned - it is rammed down our throats by everyone that "piracy is theft", but according to the Theft Act 1968 "A person shall be guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.". As far as i can tell there is no deprivation going on apart from possible sales. As loungelizard said, he wouldn't have bought any of the games he pirated, and i'm pretty sure this is the same for most pirates. All statistics relating to the effects of piracy on the market become almost completely meaningless in one fell swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by El Stefio View Post
    All statistics relating to the effects of piracy on the market become almost completely meaningless in one fell swoop.
    That is exactly my point, though I am not for people selling pirate things like music and films as that really does hurt the industry and the artists..

Nice comment about the theft.

Well I'm built up of a combination of:
    Experiance buying games that look good but are actually very poo. Me being cheated out of cash on the trade in.
    Nintendo customer services being very rude to me (MORONS!)

I just feel like I'm getting the bad end of the deal. Naff games for £20-30. I had little intention of buying GTA, this early release just means I downloaded my pirate version a few days early, not that I've played much yet.

normally, if you like GTA games, this won't fall into the category of a "naff game"..

I know what you mean by being cheated, there is some real poo on the market, I never understood how they could get away with releasing so much complete garbage to saturate the market.

It confuses the buyers when they look at the shelf full of games, especially parents.. they don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to games (unless gamers themselves) then to add insult to injury the market lets flocks of rubbish reach shop shelves to further disappoint their offspring when they receive 'little fluffties' instead of "sims pets".

Default Woah!

This game is pretty good!

For a forum that discourages piracy, you lot make me wonder. O.o

I have not downloaded the game, I am not really interested in GTA. If I was, I would. =P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information