Thread: full brick fat psp?help please

Default full brick fat psp?help please

ok this is the deal I have updated the firmware to 5.0 mm-5 on 4 slims now ,but a freind of my ladies brought me a bricked fat psp to see if i could fix it. He has only a pandora tool black fat battry no regular one said he broke it trying to make a pandora. He said he had it working dont know the firmware he had or how he was using the pandora as a reg battery at the time of the brick. he said his son booted up in the backseat of the car hit a wrong button and bricked it.
    Ok so with no battery in can not access recovery mode light blinks green once then goes off. My made mms with dc8 did not boot had no light at all from the psp with the pandora in not even a blink. put on dc7 tested on slim made my slim tool battery boot like a reg battery then if i held x it booted into dc menu like it should. put it in the fat nuthing not a single blink. i put the fat battery in my slim with the power cord on and it read as a fully charged battery.

He said for sure his son did not drop it. I am not to sure were to go from here I never moded a fat psp so I dont know if i am doing somthing wrong

Thanks for any help in advance
    Last edited by fallinghigh; March 28th, 2009 at 23:09.

bump

it sounds like he was using some kind of plugin to use the pandora as a normal battery

Use your power cord to try to get into recovery mode and disable all plugins, also format flash1, that if you can go into recovery (this, or I got the "with no battery in can not access recovery mode light blinks green once then goes off" wrong)

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, probably this happens because he was using the pandora as normal battery, now it won't work as pandora (or he converted it into a normal battery)

perhaps you should try with another pandora fat battery

i cannot access recovery at all not even with no batterry in,. light flashes once and dies i converted the fat batterry back to a pandora batterry with my slim it said it worked but i didnt know if i should try and boot my slim with this fat battery to test it, cause its still a no go on the fat

Thread Information