Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast SD Adaptor Coming Soon - Show Your Interest to Reserve One

DCEmu Rookie

where can i find the plans for the SD Adapter? waiting is just going to take extremely long amount of time

I have big interest on this, money is not so matter on this too, i would like to buy one soon.

DCEmu Newbie

http://f17.aaa.livedoor.jp/~takotako...dcard_if_2.gif <--- this is the plans to the sd card reader from dreamast. You only require 2 capacitors (the LED isnt required). The best way to do it is to make an internal one like this: http://f17.aaa.livedoor.jp/~takotako...d_layout_1.jpg by soldering straight on to the serial port pinouts. I hope this helped

DCEmu Newbie

Hey spinksy. How is the overclocked DC working out for you? What improvements are noticeable? Are there any disadvantages?
    Last edited by MAXIMUSpowers; September 29th, 2009 at 15:23.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUSpowers View Post
    http://f17.aaa.livedoor.jp/~takotako...dcard_if_2.gif <--- this is the plans to the sd card reader from dreamast. You only require 2 capacitors (the LED isnt required). The best way to do it is to make an internal one like this: http://f17.aaa.livedoor.jp/~takotako...d_layout_1.jpg by soldering straight on to the serial port pinouts. I hope this helped
    them links don't work (for me anyway)

In reply to the question on my overclocked Dreamcast, it's awesome! On games like Quake 3 you run abit faster, no slow down when you would usually get alittle on standard. Games just seem to run alittle faster and smoother

Ive fitted mine with a switch so I can have normal or 240mhz, the next of my Dreamcast console I'm doing I MIGHT try a higher Mhz oscillator but aint sure- going to do all mods I can on next (internal VGA, reset button, etc etc)

The ONLY 1 downer I've had with it is a custom made game I downloaded crashed (but that might not have been the mhz - might have been game) - havnt tryed it on normal yet so can't say.

DCEmu Coder

You have to copy the link, open a new window/tab, then paste the link. Direct linking from another web page is forbidden.

DCEmu Newbie

ok - tried that and still arnt working - I get the 404 webpage not found error message.

DCEmu Coder

Go to the page instead of the picture then.

http://f17.aaa.livedoor.jp/~takotako...2bm.php#sdcard

DCEmu Newbie

Hey Spinksy. Have you tried any of the Half-Lifes at 240mhz as they have quite abit of slow down. Have you also tryed the snes emu?

How difficult would you say the mod is? - are their any over heating issues? If not I may just leave it at 240mhz so wont need a switch.

Ive just read that the VMU wont work when the DC is overclocked. Is this true?
    Last edited by MAXIMUSpowers; October 1st, 2009 at 23:24.

DCEmu Newbie

yo

I just tryed Half Life (just selected start a new game, blue shift) and it played perfect for first 5 minutes then crashed - there was no slow down at all and it played more like the speed of the PC version. Counter Strike was the same - played perfect for few minutes then crashed.

To me it seems like that proper games (as in not copies) work perfectly but games like Half Life and counter strike suffer from crashing.

It's definatley a worthwhile mod in my opinion (I wouldnt ever do it without a switch though because of the saveing thing and whgen you play Half Life etc) - I've been playing Tech Romancer alot lately which I love and that plays loads smoother. If you arn't confident with a soldering iron though, I wouldnt bother as it is very fidderly. I've got 2 working perfect and a about to do another (with every internal mod I can:thumbup Also as for the saving thing - I read that alot of 3rd party memory cards work ok - so I'm currently trying one (with saves from 240mhz and 200mhz) and so far it's been fine :-)

I havnt tryeed the snes emulater - I dont even know where to download it from......
    Last edited by spinksy; October 2nd, 2009 at 09:50.

Thread Information