Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC Homebrew Url Change & News

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default DC Homebrew Url Change & News

One of the main sites of the Dreamcast Scene and one that im webmaster of (Along With Dr Zoidberg)is DC Homebrew.[br][br]Well we now have a new url for DC Homebrew and that is http://www.dchomebrew.org so update your links to the new url.[br][br]The site will be getting a radical over haul soon with a new more professional look, many new features which will support both DCEmu and dcemulation.[br][br]We have some issues to sort out at the mo, but fear not the site will be back to 100% asap.

Blog Entries

Default Re: DC Homebrew Url Change & News

Ok i feel some public discussion is needed here.

Id like a more professional look for DC Homebrew that uses SSI left/right top bottom addins so for ease of use and that uses CSS.

it will support both dcemulation and dcemu uk forums but il also get it to support dcstuff too.

any web designers who fancy a quick job of doing us a new look would be cool

i also want to make dc homebrew stand out more and push it to the forefront on the Dreamcast scene, not just as dcemulations off shoot.

DCEmu Regular

Emulation is taking off your right. Retro game is a lot of fun to bring back your youth. Homebrew is fun to i dont think you can push it ahead if you feel like it.

If it's good enff it will push ahead of emulation *EG* bor.

Blog Entries

Well DC Homebrew is gonna make sure it promotes the homebrew side better from now on, first i need a better design and work from there

[quote author=Wraggster link=board=homebrew;num=1085223634;start=0#1 date=05/22/04 at 13:24:59]Ok i feel some public discussion is needed here.

Id like a more professional look for DC Homebrew that uses SSI left/right top bottom addins so for ease of use and that uses CSS.[/quote]
    That's fairly easy to achieve. Shouldn't be a problem with all of the web designers we have around (Soully, LyonHrt, Wacko, myself, etc.)

it will support both dcemulation and dcemu uk forums but il also get it to support dcstuff too.
    Sounds like an interesting idea. Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but it will be nice to see. Shouldn't be a problem getting DCStuff and DCEmu UK forums to work together, but I'm not sure about DCEmulation (since it's phpBB, not YaBB).
    any web designers who fancy a quick job of doing us a new look would be cool
    I might fool around a little this afternoon and see what I can come up with
    i also want to make dc homebrew stand out more and push it to the forefront on the Dreamcast scene, not just as dcemulations off shoot.
    That would be really cool. It deserves to be its own site, and really should be independent of DCEmulation. DCEmulation should deal with emulation only. DCHomebrew should deal with all other homebrew stuff. The two should become independent of each other. No more emulation on DCHomebrew, no more homebrew on DCEmulation.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Here's a very quick and dirty mock-up of what I might be looking to do with it.

http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCS.../Template.html

I was thinking of creating a border around the content that looks like the VMU-screen area of the controller, so that all of the main site content looks like it's being displayed on a VMU screen. I would obviously need some decent 3D artwork to achieve the real look I would be going for.

I think that DCHomebrew should be divided up into sections. Instead of having links to every single project on every single page (which is already starting to make for a very large page), maybe have menus and submenus (maybe we could even use layers/flyout menus for the submenus, but that requires javascript). Have a section of the site devoted to Apps, another devoted to Games, and another devoted to Demos or something. I will work a little more, and try to figure out exactly what I mean by that.

EDIT - Changed some stuff on the page. Still am going to need some nice 3D images to give the page some flare, but I think the new layout I came up with may work better than the layout I had posted earlier (if anyone even saw that one). Click on the link above to see the layout I came up with.
    The DreamZone Forums

Changed a few more things around. Here is a new URL, so you can see the changes I've made:

http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCS...Template2.html
    The DreamZone Forums

OK. I did some more playing. Here is the address for the latest version:

http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCS...Template3.html

EDIT - I just wanted to add this: I do plan on converting all of this stuff to an SSI type of site, but I wanted to get the general layout straightened out before splitting it into separate parts. As it stands right now, there would be the following parts, if this was using SSI:

1) Top of page (this would include the top section, and the left hand side
    2) Bottom of page (this would include the blank right-hand side, and the bottom of the page)
    3) Sub-menu (this would include the links that belong on the sub-menu)
    4) Main page (this simply includes all of the SSI calls, the main content of the page, and the screenshot).
    The DreamZone Forums

Its looking good 8)
    Nice job

DCEmu Regular

Hmm so mixing homebrew with emulation like im going to do is going throw you all off lol.

I plan on having emulators with built in menus and fully ground up homebrew games built into the emulator. and making emulation not just about the emulator but the who history of the system.

Will not fit on ether site lol. Or be on both. any way i like the idea..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information