Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eloader v0.9.5 Brown Ale Version (Updated Homebrew Loader for v2.0+ PSP Firmware)

Blog Entries

Default Eloader v0.9.5 Brown Ale Version (Updated Homebrew Loader for v2.0+ PSP Firmware)

Update from Fanjita

<blockquote>Some people have found a bug in the Windows Installer code, that can cause save-games to appear to be corrupted. We've fixed that bug and updated the release.

However, if you already installed on a PSP with the US or German GTA version, then you may have a corrupted savegame - this will be a folder in /psp/savedata called [something].bak, usually ULUS10041S0.bak or ULES00182S0.bak. To fix it:
    Copy the files from the [something].bak folder into the [something] folder - e.g. ULUS10041S0.bak to ULUS10041S0.
    Delete the [something].bak folder.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused. </blockquote>

New Version of windows installer is updated

Fanjita and Ditlew have released a new Version of Eloader for the PSP which uses the hack found in Edison Carters Cheat Device, be aware you also need to have Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories to use the Eloader.

Remember to check out our Eboot and GTA Eloader Forum to get the best in help and discussion.

Heres the info

<blockquote>Hermit time is over! Say hello to the latest eLoader release, codenamed "Brown Ale". (From now on, each release will be named after a beer style, to liven things up a little).

Brown Ale is the final (non-beta) version of eLoader 0.9.5. It has the following main features:
    Integrated release, supporting both TIFF and GTA launch methods
    Automatic installer for Windows users
    Stable support for all v2.0+ firmwares - no more special voodoo required to improve reliability
    More memory for applications
    Lots of bug fixes
    And the much requested support for PSP-GBA </blockquote>

Download Via Comments

wait, wraggster, are you saying that we can now use the "photo" exploit that we use for fannjitas eboot loader on 2.01 and up!? If yes, i'm upgrading. . . that is if we can use all the eboots on 2.00 that we can run on 2.01 and up. I'd go up to 2.50 MAYBE but i'm still probably not going to

This is great news for the psp scene if what it says is true. . .I think thats what it says. . .

DCEmu Newbie

No, you cannot use the photo exploit on 2.01 or higher. This package contains both eboot loaders and allegedly now the eloader works just as well as the 2.0 eboot loader.

I retract my statement about the 2.0 eboot loader. Don't know why it wasn't working well at first, but now it runs great. It still hangs up sometimes, though. I'll test the eloader vs the 2.0 eboot loader tomorrow when I get my copy of GTA.

So this means that the 2.0 and 2.01+ versions of the ebootloader have equal capabilities already? If so that was quick! Good Job Fanjita and Ditlew. Now I can play homebrew whenever i decide to update.

DCEmu Regular

Not according to Sumo X... I have a new mobo on the way for my bricked PSP and when I get it (assuming I instal it and everything works) I'll have a 1.5 AND whatever the latest firmware is (or the latest with a bunch of homebrew that works 2.6 is ok for now I guess). I'll be able to test more stuff that way

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by urherenow
    Not according to Sumo X... I have a new mobo on the way for my bricked PSP and when I get it (assuming I instal it and everything works) I'll have a 1.5 AND whatever the latest firmware is (or the latest with a bunch of homebrew that works 2.6 is ok for now I guess). I'll be able to test more stuff that way
    Well, I think on Fanjita's site it says the eloader has much more capability...but to what extent? He doesn't have time to test everything, but we'll get a sense of it over the next few days.

Also, how are you getting a mobo with two firmwares?!?!

Default Having Trouble

Sadly, I'm having difficulty with the new eLoader as well. I will make a detailed list of my findings. Hopefully this will help discover why this is happening. I'm using a PSP Model # PSP-1001 K. Originally firmware 1.5 and upgraded to 2.00 -

Installation:
    I installed this using the Windows Auto Installer and installed both TIFF and GTA variation. Below will be a list of EMU's tried using this with the TIFF Loader. I have not tried the GTA version yet.

Nester J - Loads up fine. Plays fine. NO way to exit. LR+START or Holding the HOME button do not seem to work. I had to force the PSP to shut down holding the power button for 10 seconds.

RIN 1.32 - Boots up fine but as soon as the ROM list shows, you get that horrible buzzing sound. Also, the selector curser is forced continually upward like the UP button was stuck. Also, no way to exit. LR+START & Holding HOME just froze up the PSP.

Zelurkers NEO GEO CD 0.9.1 - Won't even start. Just gets a black screen and freezes. (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

HUE 0.60BETA - Loads up fine. Plays fine. Won't exit. Even when exiting from menu. Just get an unresponsive black screen.

PLYNX - Loads up fine. Plays fine. Does not allow you to exit. Freezes when trying to exit from menu.

PSPGENESIS - Loads up fine. Plays Fine. Freezes when trying to exit.

SMS PLUS 1.2 - Loads up fine. Plays Fine. No way to exit. Have to force the PSP to shut off by holding power for 10 seconds.

SNES9XTYL 0.2C & 0.3 - Everything seems fine. (Thank You! Thank You!) Loads up, plays fine. Exits back to menu. Exiting seems a little slower however.

I hope this serves as a guide for other people trying this Loader out. I would like other people to post their results also to serve as a reference. I hope Fanjita sees this post also. I appreciate the hard work Fanjita does so I'm not too bummed about this. I will always support the eLoader. I guess I'll just have to go back to version 0.9

DCEmu Newbie

Now I'm back to having problems. Each time I try to launch an emulator, it tells me a different folder has a suspicious path. Sometimes I'll get to the menu, but when I try to select a rom it freezes.

If you're at .85 and working great, stick with that for the moment. There might be a few kinks that need to be worked out of this one.

So this means i can play VBA yayayayayayayayayayay!!!!!.
    But i tried it and the stupid suspicious path thing comes up maybe im using the wrong VBA could someone tell me what one is compatible with this loader and 2.0...?

i have 1 question: what is tiff support. does it mean you dont need gta to play homebrew on fw 2.0+

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information