Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Reason For Sony To Kill Off Homebrew

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Another Reason For Sony To Kill Off Homebrew

Well it seems a new iso loader has been released that will do major damage to our Homebrew scene and give Sony the excuse they need to clamp down further on our scene.

Playing GTA on a v1.5 is a great moment but why not have it so that the original UMD must always be in the slot, Sony will no doubt see this as another great excuse to bring new Homebrew killing firmwares out.

Remember that the easiest way to kill an existing console off is to pirate off it, and not only that but alot of coders dont want their names anywhere near warez.

We salute MPH for his downgrader but this release we dont.

You know there are people like me, who own the games legit but have been waiting for a program like this so we can play them on our 1.5's. I have Socom which I played on 2.00 for a bit, but there are other homebrew which I like that required 1.50 (iR Remote anyone?) so I downgraded back to 1.50 to use them. Now I can finally have my cake and eat it too

I dont think it matters, sony is just going to mod the new games again.
    Trust me it not going to have a large impact on homebrew, becouse it only runs on 1.5.

and is mostly useless as a demo.

Personal im looking for a stand alone that has umd support

not a iso loader

MPH, Please Destroy your project.

And continue work on the fw emulator.
    UMD game support is what we need, not piricy

DCEmu Newbie

A great day for ppl who owned the gta umd but didn't wanna upgrade more then 2.0, Sony has already made plans for 3.0 fw even b4 this was released, so... i don't know why ppl are complaining

The release of a new iso loader is a blessing for some, a curse for others. On the one hand you have the "others" who will be pissed as hell because Sony's obviously going to pull something out of its a$$ after they find out about this. On the other, the pirates are rejoicing that, once again, they don't have to pay to play (I know there are some who actually own the UMDs they have isos of but, come on, realistically that's like 1% of the people who use loaders)

But I don't know if this really affects things so much because it's not like they managed to get this thing working on 2.00+ Sony will just have the next games require 3.0 or something and they did already have a new firmware planned before this thing was even announced. ATM that's really not that different from what's been happening (stay with x.xx for homebrew or upgrade for the latest games...same thing as before)

umd loader would have been better

DCEmu Newbie

personally i think this is great news, i dont see why ppl see it as such a bad thing. there are still games getting released for GBA but i dont see anyone complaining about the GBA emulator thats cos im sure u ppl who have GBA roms aint got the original game, im sure this pleases alot of psp users. plus like someone said it wont be long befor they release games thar require version 3.0

I agree with Babu to some extent. I mean we all knew 3.00 or something was bound to come out soon. On the other hand I do agree with the fact that piracy should be stopped. I'm not even going to lie i prated dead to rights, lumines, and coded arms mostly for a bit but then i realized that what i was doing was destroying the fact that I couldnt play such cool emus on the newer firmwares with all the games. However, this release is amazing because now all those 2.01+ games i can now run with no problems so i will go run out and buy Fight Night Round 3

Thank you and at the same time damnit!

DCEmu Newbie

Yup this is Fantastic!!! I bought GTA:LCS the day it came out and have played no more than 4 hours... Not because its a bad game, but because 1.5 rules. Now finally I can do Both.

PSP User

Wait wait wait!! GTA works on 1.5??? What did I miss??

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information