Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stability patch for Brown Ale

DCEmu Regular

if I use this for 2.00 and I update to a higher version like 2.6 will this in any way affect my psp besides the fact that I can no longer use homebrews? thanks.

No use the Tiff format if you are using a 2.00 psp.they are in the same packaged with the GTA eloader.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Gta

i have ver 2.5 and i cant get GTA to load what do i have to do

i dont have any idea what the hell is happenning.

get the pspgba v 1.1 it will work on 2.0 the download is called pspgba 1025 ive used it on 2.0 psp

a thought for the higher powers that be....what if...you make a pspsetx program for 2.6 eloader ok...then..set your psp for 1.0 so it tricks the firmware right..you will notice that when you put in gta you have the option to update to 2.0 there fore downgrading your 2.6 to 2.0 with an update... id love to see pspsetx work for gta eloader brown ale..please fanjita we need your help

Quote Originally Posted by vettacossx
    a thought for the higher powers that be....what if...you make a pspsetx program for 2.6 eloader ok...then..set your psp for 1.0 so it tricks the firmware right..you will notice that when you put in gta you have the option to update to 2.0 there fore downgrading your 2.6 to 2.0 with an update... id love to see pspsetx work for gta eloader brown ale..please fanjita we need your help

Sorry wont work wen a game is loaded it disables the flash which is needed for this process so if there is ever a downgrader for 2.01+ it would not be through the gta exploit

Should I upgrade to 2.6? Is Brown Ale worth it? I currently have a 2.0 PSP, and I just recieved a nifty copy of GoC and it requires 2.6. Thankgod I will still have homebrew, but how is the quality compared to 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by vettacossx
    get the pspgba v 1.1 it will work on 2.0 the download is called pspgba 1025 ive used it on 2.0 psp
    Are you using the GTA method? I do not have GTA, and am using the TIFF method, and cannot get a GBA emu to work.

Any word on the addition of this functionality in future releases of the eloader?

DCEmu Newbie

With the utmost respect to the no doubt talented coders of these hacks I have to say "Brown Ale" doesnt seem to be doing it's job for the majority. I'm on version 2.60, wishing to play final fantasy ROMs on my psp, to my dissapointment the fact that I've updated has made this 10x more difficult that it would have originally been. This "new way" of still being able to bypass the fixes Sony' has made sounded good but there's obviously a few minor bugs still in there. I'm one of the 7 people I've seen post up to now posting the same problem yet we're getting no technical advice whatsoever.

Can I make a suggestion to Admins/Authors of these hacks, please test them before making them public, up to now the most they've done is crash my psp but I can see it going somewhat further.

To once again post the same problem as has been posted numerous times before, I've followed instructions to the T using version 2.60, I've then inserted GTA and it's automatically loaded the eboot file before anyother, I am assuming this is the problem? Twas my understanding that you had to load the game normally first *then* load brown ale, due to what i can only assume is a bug GTA is loading brown ale FIRST as oppose to loading a normal/standard game save.

I'm no expert ofc but it'd certainly explain why people who havnt played or made a save of GTA yet might be encountering difficulties.

Joey-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information