Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo: Used games aren't in the consumers best interests

DCEmu Rookie

Nintendo is right about one thing...used games are not good for gamers...better to trade played games with other gamers that you know.

Is anyone else tired of game companies crying because the used game market isn't giving them a piece of the action? I think that's where Nintendo's comments stem from....

Quote Originally Posted by Aryn View Post
    Nintendo is right about one thing...used games are not good for gamers...better to trade played games with other gamers that you know.
    There was an awesome shop in Milton Keynes that use to do this. They bought and sold pre-owned games but you could also go in and pick a game to trade. As long it was on the same console mind you. I had a Master System at the time, I traded something in for My Hero. I traded it back the following week, dissappointing but the idea was good. I doubt it's still running, it's not like me to miss out on smaller games shops.

Gamestation is also a highlight in the shopping centre. When it first arrived you could buy Mega Drive, SNES, NES, Dreamcast, almost everything. Now there is hardly any of the older consoles and games there but it's still better than GAME.

The last good game shop in MK closed a few years ago, it use to be on New Bradwell highstreet, I bought one of the Wonderboy games, it was awesome. It closed after a while, I suppose there is a small market for retro gamers :P Thank god for DS homebrew emulators.

Pre-owned games are excellent. If it wasn't for tradining games in I'd be stuck with a load of GOD AWFUL DS games that should have never been released. I still like to browse the pre-owned PS2 section, theres always something amazing sitting in the middle of it. I bought Punisher last night, I don't know how good it is but my friend kept going on about it.

*Goes off to play StellaDS

DCEmu Newbie

This is absurd.
    I for one buy many used games, many games are no longer available new.
    For instance anything for an older system nes snes etc. As for the statement that used game, cd and dvds stores do not exist, In the U.S. state of utah there are at least 20 video game specialty stores that do more used game than new game sales.

I prefer to buy brand new.

But if the price difference is worth it, I buy pre-owned.

Alot of the game shops at the moment are selling new games for less than preowned. (only when the new game is on offer)

And when its not, there is about a pound in it.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    The consumer likes having a brand-new experience and reliving it over and over again.[/url]
    Because In order for you to have a new experience with a game they game can not be pre-owned, everyone knows that.... Is this really not an April fools?

DCEmu Newbie

This is stupid! There are alot of used cd and dvd stores with used games and everything else around my house but I live right by detroit so alot of it was probbly stolen. Still there are tons of em. I'm try to build up the Blu-ray and HD-DVD collection at the moment but they cost alot of money so I still buy tons of used dvds. The $1 dvds at garage sales are the smit, I buy movies I don't even want if they are a dollar.

I sometimes still buy games for my gc at gamestop. Used of course but if it dosent work they just give my money back no problem. and alot cheaper too =D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information