Thread: 1.5 pirating is here..... T_T

Unhappy 1.5 pirating is here..... T_T

i don't see any post about this but i'm sure alot of you know about the new mph loader, but i think its important that this be posted anywy for anyone who doesnt

i can confirm megaman x hunters works 100% with the new loader, i own the umd.. well my friend with 2.5 does but i borrowed it after he beat it, and i had to see for myself....

seeing as mph's gameloader is simply rebuilding .iso files i'm pretty sure we will see more and more popular games being "cracked" to run on 1.5..... it is a dark day my friends...

with the exception of text when saving/loading the game had no graphical flaws, 2.5 flash ran perfectly....

just a heads up to anyone who believes in homebrew for just causes, this is a huge blow and could become extremely deadly to the scene if it goes further.

TTFN,

jacko
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    if this is posted somewhere forgive me, i checked and i don't think this is considered "pirating or warez" as i'm just telling everyone about this because i feel it is potentially harmfull to the scene if it does get bigger and support more games

as well, i DO have the umd and i don't plan on ever pirating mmxhunters to run on my 1.5, my friend lets me use his psp for 2.xx games all the time so theres no need...

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Erm.. look at the thread below

Blog Entries

yep ive already made a front page post about it, why on earth didnt he release it where you have to have the original UMD in

DCEmu Rookie

wel. at least its not patchable. and afaik are the game developers not forced to make their games uncrackable or something. but i think they should start to protect their UMDs.

DCEmu Newbie

I don't understand why all the negative spin on this, hell, if someone's to blame, it's Sony with their arrogant, dictator-like attitude.

We paid for the PSP, it's ours, we do with it what we please.

I still have the 32 meg Memory Stick that came with it and have no plans to get a bigger one anytime soon, but I'm genuinely pleased ppl don't need to upgrade to play (at least some of) the newer titles.

Does it encourage Piracy?, sure, but whose fault is it people refuse to upgrade?

MPH releases his source code, so any protections he worked in would have been easily cracked. Just like his ten minute limit was unofficially edited out just hours after the program was released. Other than that, though, forcing the UMD to actually be present to run isn't such a bad idea.

DCEmu Rookie

This isn't damaging to the scene at all. There are already ISO loaders, and a few new games that work isn't going to ruin the scene, let alone affect it. Sony wouldn't suddenly change their mind about homebrew just because it can now run 2.0 ISOs, their stance was already against homebrew when 1.5 could run 1.5 ISOs.

What am I saying? THIS HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING BAD TO THE SCENE.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmulatorGuy
    This isn't damaging to the scene at all. There are already ISO loaders, and a few new games that work isn't going to ruin the scene, let alone affect it. Sony wouldn't suddenly change their mind about homebrew just because it can now run 2.0 ISOs, their stance was already against homebrew when 1.5 could run 1.5 ISOs.

What am I saying? THIS HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING BAD TO THE SCENE.
    I have to agree.

we are just being parnoid.

Thread Information