Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sierra Games Emulator

DCEmu Rookie

Default Sierra Games Emulator

I know that this has been talked about before, but I can't seem to get over the idea of being able to play all of those classic Sierra/Dynamix VGA point and click titles from back in the day. It would be so sweet to play Leisure Suit Larry, Quest for Glory, Rise of the Dragon, Police Quest, Willy Beamish, King's Quest, etc. on the go.

If anyone is seriously thinking about this I'll donate!!

I can't really help you but another good siera game that should be ported is Hlaf-life.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartSpasms
    I can't really help you but another good siera game that should be ported is Hlaf-life.
    death to you. read the sticky at the top of the thread AND FOR GOD SAKES YOU HIPPIES QUIT ASKING FOR HALF LIFE.

As for a siera emulator.. Im actually quite supprised there isnt one already. Id love to play Quest for Glory on my psp

They made Dicworld as well didn't they? That'd be rather nice. Why doesn't someone make DosBox work properly?

Quote Originally Posted by samidgley
    They made Dicworld as well didn't they? That'd be rather nice. Why doesn't someone make DosBox work properly?
    why havnt you? because it isnt easy.

What you're looking for is called an AGI interpreter. It would be a little awkward, because although the classic sierra adventure titles are similar to ScummVM style games, they rely heavily on text input. There's a really sharp AGI interpreter for GBA that finds a way around this by reading the games library files and gives you a list of verbs and nouns to use. You would select "open" from the first list, then "door" from the second. It's also open source: http://www.bripro.com/gbagi/index.php?page=download

DCEmu Rookie

bill00000 thanks for the information about the GBA Sierra emulator. I guess if it can be done on the GBA it's probably safe to assume that it can also be done on the PSP.

In fact I was thinking about Sierra games a little older than the EGA ones on the GBA emulator. Although those would be great, it would be even better if the point and click VGA 256 color adventure games such as Leisure Suit Larry 5, and other Dynamix games such as Willy Beamish and Rise of the Dragon were possible.

I know absolutely nothing about programming, so I can only hope and pray...for this and a CPS1 and CPS2 emulator. I wonder if it's possible to use the NeoCD DC emulator's prefetch technology for this?

how do people go about porting games? I mean where do you learn how to port?Id love to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by ricflairandy
    how do people go about porting games? I mean where do you learn how to port?Id love to give it a go.
    It's not that simple, actually.

If you want to do a heart-transplantation, you have to study medicine. ou can't just say "oh no, i just want to know how to do a heart-transplantation".
    similar to porting. if you learn how to code, you learn how to port

Quote Originally Posted by O-bake
    It's not that simple, actually.

If you want to do a heart-transplantation, you have to study medicine. ou can't just say "oh no, i just want to know how to do a heart-transplantation".
    similar to porting. if you learn how to code, you learn how to port
    thats what i meant. How did the people doing the porting start out?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information