Thread: PSP Flash Player released!

Default PSP Flash Player released!

Here it is! I haven't tested it yet, but I will do as soon as possible!

http://files.psphacks.net/download.php?file=93
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Newbie

its foolish to make this thread, and a stupidity to say something that isnt released yet.
    And about the no reply message, i do what i want. jaja

DCEmu Regular

Oh, but he wants to be seen as an upstanding member of the forum and like he's posting news before everyone else. ^_^ Which is why he posts WAY in advance, so he can get a jump on it.

In short, he wants to become a mod and is doing anything possible to try to get attention.

"News" should be when something new or noteworthy happens. O_o Not that something new or noteworthy will happen "soon".

its been released, but remember people, its just an early alpha

PSPHacks.net and 71M, in cooperation with RK Digital.net, Heavy.com and Newgrounds.com is proud to present the PSP Flash Player!

The current version supports most action script through version 7 and runs on 1.5 only. We are currently testing for 2.x PSPs and will announce when it is working on 2.x firmwares. If someone gets it working, be sure to let us know.

Source will be released in a couple of days once we get it all cleaned up.

It is still a little bit buggy on flash files which use MP3 sound. PCM sound is fully supported.

MP3 decoding just eats up too much memory right now when decoding the mp3 stream to a raw sound stream so we ask for your paitence.

Also, loading times are being worked on. Basically everything needs to be converted and cached in memory (of which there is not alot available) and this takes a little while.

Consider the current release a "proof of concept" release. Fully functional (smooth video) with a few glitches.

When we release the source, we're hoping to get a few more developers involved with code cleanup and bug fixes.

On the same note, The source is hosted at http://dev.psphacks.net/projects/swfplayer/

We encourage your to sign up and leave bug reports and feature requests (within reason please).

We will be publishing some sample swf files and full specs so people can start converting their flash files over to something a little more PSP compatable.

Compatable SWF files can be uploaded to http://files.psphacks.net, or you can email them to us at [email protected]

Ok, now for what you really want, the download link:

http://files.psphacks.net/details.php?file=93

Please select the mirror closest to your location to help us conserve bandwidth.

Instructions:

Decompress the downloaded file to your x:\PSP\GAME folder. Flash files can be placed anywhere on your MS. Use the included file browser to locate the flash file you want to view, highlight it, and hit X.

Uh, well, I tried it, and frankly, I am disappointed. Here is what the player doesn't like:

Quality settings
    Smoothing
    Correct button usage
    MP3-exported music
    Fast loading
    WiFi (obviously)

Yep, just about everything you need to have any SWF other than what was possible in Flash 2. However, after trial and error, I did get one animation to play faithfully (of course no sound, preloader, or buttons. As of now, GOOD ActionScript support and sound would be my biggest concerns if I were the coder. Or how about this--I give the coders the stand-alone Flash player source code, and they edit it to PSP format. Because I do have it.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Thread Information