Thread: PSPRadio Pre-Release - 2 Versions and Support for v2.0 + PSPs ?

Blog Entries

Arrow PSPRadio Pre-Release - 2 Versions and Support for v2.0 + PSPs ?

New prerelease of PSP radio:

Raf posted this news on his forum:

<blockquote>New version is out: 0.38.06.

This is really a WIP version, please don't complain if it doesn't work for you. It's more of a test build. I really need feedback from users willing to try it.

This release is divided in two:
    -There's a static release (static means its a monolithic application, like it's always been until now). The main difference is that this version is 100% user-mode code, and to the point that it doesn't even try to load the network or usb drivers (so it won't have network/usb under f/w < 2).
    What I need to know is if this version provides network/usb to eloader users. (Also if it works on f/w 2.6)
    -Then, there's the dynamic release (dynamic means modular, plugin based, based on PRXs [like dll's for PSP]). This is the kind of release I expect to keep on publishing from now on, but many things changed, and needs to be tested heavily. Under f/w 1.5 (or lower), this release has an EBOOT.PBP file which is really a loader. It loads all needed drivers, then starts the application. The UIs have also been converted to plugins. I want to start writing more plugins, and also allow more developers to create their own plugins). The static version won't be able to take advantage of any of this.
    This release (dynamic) will only (currently) run on 1.5 or lower. But still, feel free to test it with other f/w releases, loaders.

Other than this, there's no other new features or bug fixes(other than the home button exit option always working) in this release. So if you're not into testing, then please stick to the latest official/unstable release. Thanks!

Raf.

What's new:
    0.38.06 (r881) (2006-03-02)

NEW FEATURES
    (raf) Core/All: Added plugin system - this will only currently work under f/w 1.5. UIs have been converted to PRXs, as well as PSPRadio. A Loader starts PSPRadio now (on 1.5) (r817-861).
    (raf) All: Reorganized hierarchy of files. And enchanced build system.
    (raf) Now build generates dynamic and static releases. The dynamic release will currently only work with f/w 1.5 The static release (won't support plugins) should work on all f/w's but won't attempt loading usb/wifi drivers, so it won't have networking/usb unless provided by a loader (needs to be tested under eloader).
    BUG FIXES
    (raf) Using the home menu option to exit should always exit pspradio (even if it crashed) now. *update*</blockquote>

Download both versions and post your comments and compatibility via the comments.

DCEmu Newbie

um..what does psp radio actually do? there are a lot of updates but never a description for those of us who didnt read it the first time it was posted....someone?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Static

im using the brown ale loader for my 2.01 fw and it loads but since ive never used this i dont know how to use it or how it works.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Static

i cycled through the stations and clicked play on one of them and a screen comes up saying initializing system. also while the initializing system screen comes up my memory stick symbol keeps flickering as if its loading or saving something. it stays on this screen for at least five minutes because thats how long i left it on before turning it off. i hope this helps you out raf or wraggster or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by grayjaket
    um..what does psp radio actually do? there are a lot of updates but never a description for those of us who didnt read it the first time it was posted....someone?
    It's a program to listen to web radio.

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSPRadio

Hi ijust tried your PSPRadio on my f/w 2.6 PSP. It loads but unfortunatly crashes after the initializing screen. Everytime it doesnt seem to load the battery info. I shalll try the dynamic version too

OMFG! This is one kick ass program. What does this do? It uses your WIFI connection to pick up streaming radio from the Internet. Doesn't sound exciting? Give it a try. It is high bandwidth audio that sounds great. The MENU and GUI is one of the best I've seen yet. There are so many different music genres and stations to choose from.

I tried this on 1.5 firmware and it works well and seems very stable. Thank you for this awesome release! Now I can say to people.... look, can your iPod do this? LOL

Thread Information