David Reeves is ending his 14 year tenure at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, stepping down from his position of President and CEO to be replaced by Andrew House.

Reeves' started at SCEE in 1995, and was appointed President and CEO in 2003, since when he's been a highly visible and vocal figurehead for the company. "It has been a wonderful ride with PlayStation," said Reeves, before going on to deliver an eccentric outline of his expectations for life post-Sony.

"I am going to spend my time now trying to repay society for all I have taken from it," he said, continuing, "If your children are having physics lessons at the local school or wondering why their ski instructor is very elderly, your car mechanic has a bad back, or the social worker keeps bringing you PSP games, then it could just be me!"

Taking Reeves' place will be Andrew House, a long time employee of SCEE who departs his most recent post of Sony Corporation's Chief Marketing Officer, a position he took up having spent a long spell with the PlayStation business.

"I'm very happy to welcome Andrew back to the PlayStation business and to work closely with him again" said Sony Computer Entertainment's Kaz Hirai. "I'm confident that the skills and expertise Andy has gained over the years working as Sony's CMO will contribute enormously in leading the PlayStation business in Europe/PAL countries and regions and to bring new initiatives in managing the business in the coming networked era."

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/972/972984p1.html