Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DCemu's PSP Guide Library V2~Last updated Feb11 2011~

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

psp DCemu's PSP Guide Library V2~Last updated Feb11 2011~

PSP Guide Library V2

This guide is on-going and will be constantly updated (at least to the best of my ability). Feel free to ask any PSP related question in this thread.

THE GUIDES CONTAINED ARE FAIRLY OUTDATED AS OF 2011 BUT I'M GOING TO ATTEMPT TO REBUILD IT -K

I originally created a guide back in August of 2005 called the "Running Homebrew and Emulation FAQ". It went through many changes and over the months evolved into a sort of guide library which spanned dozens of posts. Anywho, this is a new version of it which will contain not only guides by F34R and myself but will contain any guide PSP users here at dcemu want to contribute. My mission is to create the most comprihensive library compiled by multiple users which will cover everything from the most basic homebrew installation to the more advanced coding aspect of this community. Hopefully in due time things will start to pick up. If you want a link in this sticky just post here and ASK

Before you start your way into PSP homebrew goodness your going to want to know what firmware you have. Your firmware is extremely important in determining the method of installing firmware and the amount you can actually run.

How do I know which firmware version I have?

Turn on your PSP without a UMD in it and then go to settings. Then go down to where it says System settings and hit X. Then go down until you reach system information and hit X. It should come up with information about your MAC Address, System Software and your chosen Nickname. After you find out what firmware you have I'd reccomend you look through the many great guides the members and coders of DCemu have wrote.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECTION I~Homebrew and Emulator Installation resources~

The Big Fat Homebrew and Emulator Guide and FAQ! by IndianCheese-->click here ~Last updated August 26th, 2006 at 20:11
    PSP General Questions FAQ thread. Look here before posting! by Zion-->click here ~Last updated May 30th, 2006 at 14:35~
    The original Homebrew and Emulator Install Guide by Xuphorz-->click here ~Last updated March 3rd, 2006 at 15:49~
    Emulator stack up Guide by Cross-->click here ~Last updated May 11th, 2006 at 20:27~
    "Psx Guide: How To Get This Thing Working" by Tetris999-->click here ~Last updated Dec 25th, 2006 at 19:54

Downgrade Guides:

PSP V2.0 to v1.5 Downgrade guide originally written by systemx and rewrote by Kaiser-->click here ~Last updated June 29th, 2006 at 02:52~
    The 2.6/2.6 Downdater guide by Freeplay-->here~Last updated July 1st, 2006 at 03:16~
    The 1.5-1.0 downgrader plus guide here.~Last updated July 6th, 2006 at 08:04~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaiser's original 1.0/1.5 guide--->click here
    Fanjita Eloader for 2.0-2.6 installer-->click here
    Fanjita Eloader Information and install guide-->click here

Note: The above guides contain all needed eboot, eloader and PSP related links.

SECTION II~General PSP Help

How to convert Ogm files to usable Psp ones by dogstar
    -------------------------------------------------------
    ~MPH UMD LOADER SECTION COMING SOON~

-------------------------------------------------------
    PSP Personalise
    DISCLAIMER:THIS MESSES WITH YOUR PSP'S FLASH MEMORY USE AT OWN RISK
    Though not on this site(For some strange reason) This program allows pre 2.0 users to change there backgrounds.

Information and backgrounds can be found here

PSP Personalize Guide---->here by F34R
    --------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

SECTION III~Emulator section

---------------------------------------------------------------------

System -----> emulator
    GUIDES

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive ------->PSPGenesis---Dgen
    Dgen FAQ by Zion

Super Nintendo------->Snes9x TYL

SNES9x TYL v0.2c guide by F34R

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Boy/GB Colour ------>RIN

RIN GUIDE by F34R

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo Entertainment System-------->NESTERJ

NESTERJ by F34R

Sega Master System~SMS PLUS

SMSPlus 1.2 Adhoc Guide by F34R

Note: Emulators with custom graphics and music have become common now. Check them out there great. A tip though most only work if your not hiding the corrupted files. This means no 19 space and ~ trick. Just put them in with a % on the dummy. This is only important to 1.5 users who use the KXploit to access homebrew

Plenty more guides coming soon!

Blog Entries

SECTION IV~Homebrew Game Section

~coming soon~

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Smile

Okay After a rocky start, I'm finally done transferring all the old guides and re-writing the 2.00-2.60 guide. Expect new guides to start coming in now. I'm looking for contibuters to.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello, Hey i know this question is probably going to seem elementry, but I just got my PSP. I downloaded the nesterJ, but to be completely I dont know how to start the damn thing. I can't even seem to find it on my psp. IDK PLEASE HELP!

Blog Entries

What version you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser from 1.0/1.5 guide
    Turn on your PSP without a UMD in it and then go to settings. Then go down to where it says System settings and hit X. Then go down until you reach system information and hit X. It should come up with information about your MAC Address, System Software and your chosen Nickname.
    Edit: Started adding Yeldarbs sweet programming guides I'll add a link to his site and where you can donate to this great guy later. I'm sleepy and will throw the rest of the guides up tommorow as well.

Can I run GTA LCS from my computer? Because I don't have the game UMD and I downloaded gta lcs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 0ColdZero0
    Can I run GTA LCS from my computer? Because I don't have the game UMD and I downloaded gta lcs
    Um ... no

1. No PSP emulator for PC can run commercial games
    2. Don't be a pirate

DCEmu Newbie

I've just downloaded Beats of Rage v0.8, everyone's been saying it works great. I can't get it to play, though, because it keeps saying there is a fixed hard path to psp/game in the code. I saw in one of the other forums that someone else found that problem but fixed it by changing the config settings. Something about ignorefixedpath=Y. Can you tell me what that's all about, and how I can do that to fix this problem?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information