Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast is Rated King of Consoles

Blog Entries

General games Dreamcast is Rated King of Consoles

An interesting article from mcv shows that Dreamcast has the highest percentage of high rated games than any other console:

MCV looks at who the real Metacritic winners and losers are – and it’s good news for Dreamcast
    Amidst all the talk of NPD’s March year-on-year hardware sales comparisons, chart-topping software battles and third party revenue numbers, Sony and Microsoft both chose to play the PR game on another front – Metacritic review aggregations.
    In its post-March response, Sony stated that: “Approximately one in every three PS3 titles achieve Metacritic scores of 80 or higher, which affirms PlayStation’s proven track record in delivering rich and relevant entertainment content.”
    Microsoft, on the other hand, approached things form a different angle: “Xbox 360 is also home to the most top-rated games of any current-generation console, with 139 titles earning a score of 80 or above on Metacritic, while no other console has even 100 such titles.”
    It’s clear to see why each company took its respective approach to the Metacritic data. If methodology was reversed Microsoft would only be able to boast that 23 per cent of Xbox 360 titles (compared to PS3’s 30 per cent) ranked 80 or above.
    Sony, on the other hand, still has fewer than 100 PS3 titles rated 80 or over – 96, in fact (compared to Xbox 360’s 139).

By way of contrast, Nintendo’s Wii has 45 games rated at 80+ on Metacritic – just 12 per cent of the machine’s total software base, and the lowest of any machine on the site. DS has 76 such titles (also 12 per cent), PSP has 65 (15 per cent) and PS2 has 320 (20 per cent).
    Looking further back, the original Xbox has 219 titles with such a rating (26 per cent), GameCube has 127 (25 per cent), Game Boy Advance has 98 (17 per cent) and Dreamcast has 50 (35 per cent – the highest here).

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/33970/Sony...Metacritic-war

Aha, awesome. =P

1 in 3 above 80 percent is a pretty poor result really, i think Sony's just trying to confuse Ps3 fanboys with numbers, and i bet it's working. and i completely agree the Dreamcast is the king of consoles.

Now to see the scene get a jump start to life again. It seems like nothing but shooters have found their way to the system in the past few years. :/

If the Neogeo Pocket had the chance it deserved, it might have been up there with the Dreamcast.

Both the Neogeo Pocket and the Dreamcast were the best video game purchases I've ever made.

DCEmu Newbie

>>Both the Neogeo Pocket and the Dreamcast were the best video game purchases I've ever made.

I second that... The best systems of the last 20 years.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by fpcreator2000 View Post
    If the Neogeo Pocket had the chance it deserved, it might have been up there with the Dreamcast.

Both the Neogeo Pocket and the Dreamcast were the best video game purchases I've ever made.
    And with both you can even get bonus points in fighting games =P
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Regular

i'm headed to a carboot sale tomoro hope to see if i can find myself a dreamcast now i've missed out on so much DC emulation hope i can find a cheap one the carboot sale last time had an original snes and sega saturn console and some carts and game cds can't wait either if there is none of those consoles there i probably buy myself a cheap iphone at the asian counter of the carboot sale

One question? Has anyone been able to confirm if Billy and Vega are playable characters in SVC: Match of the Millenium for Neogeo Pocket by unlocking them through the Dreamcast?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information