Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Fighter

Blog Entries

Default Dragon Fighter

Gary13579 has released a early wip release of his homebrew RPG, heres the info:

Here it is! The first version of my RPG for the PSP. This version doesn't include much, just a simple map/player engine with hints of Inn's and message-boxes. It works pretty well, and the framerate is nice, but I cannot seem to get MP3 support without overclocking and/or lagging. If you have a nice and optimized MP3 player, please please send me some code .

Download and screenshot via comments

DCEmu Regular

Very nice,looks very promising gary

DCEmu Rookie

This is nothing compared to the RPG we (illfoundedmind) are working on. Sorry, I just had to say it.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmulatorGuy
    This is nothing compared to the RPG we (illfoundedmind) are working on. Sorry, I just had to say it.
    Looks awesome man, and TheEmulatorGuy, I'll be impressed when I see it. (Seriously, gimme a link). But rite now, don't put him down when he has somethin to show.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmulatorGuy
    Those are some pretty strong words for someone who hasn't released any information or screens yet. In fact, I'd say that his (WIP) is far greater than your project (vaporware) due to the fact that it exists. O_o

Anyway, good start on the RPG. Do you have an overview on the plot? Also.. the sprites are from RPGMaker, right?

Good going!

DCEmu Rookie

Hey man, I wasn't putting down his work. It's good. I'm just saying, look forward to a full blown RPG.

While he has just the field work, we have a battle system, field/location system and main menu (the menu you get with triangle, etc.) system.

Once again, I am not looking for an argument. So I am sorry if I put anyone down, I don't want to get into any debates.

Here's a teaser, if you must see it. I couldn't be bothered getting anything else :P

Looks very promising... kinda looks like a spin off of FF... very nice work i will say to that
    when do you think youll release another version... i wouldnt mind having this on my psp during those long school trips

as for TheEmulatorGuy... you work looks very promising to... but can you post some more images or give us some description of yours... all i see is something that looks to be photoshoped...but still i dont let down on another persons work

Thanks for Eveything,
    PSPdemon

DCEmu Rookie

That was actually a design concept. I would take screenshots, but it just won't seem to work. I'll try later.

DCEmu Rookie

Use a digital camera... Then we'll see how it will really look. Anyway, I would welcome two RPG's. I mean, I've already completed like 200 in my lifetime, so what's another two? Lol. Good luck to both of you. I look forward to seeing some sort of finished playable game.

.Hawk

DCEmu Rookie

If you insist. I can't focus well, and I can't hold my hands steady. These totally don't do it justice. The screenshots here are:

1. A battle system with enemy AI, attacks etc.
    2. The main menu. Characters, rearranging, etc.
    3. Item menu. Moving, removing,automatic organizing items, scrolling, using.

There is so many more features that aren't in these screenshots. Field mapping, overdrives, magic etc. etc.

>____>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information