Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beats of Rage PSP V008

Thumbs up Beats of Rage PSP V1.1

Version 1.1 By SamuraiX

Mostly Bug fixes in this release, code optimizations and 1 small new feature. Lastly opening up the source for anyone who would like to add onto BOR/OpenBOR. While I am still working on the Wifi 2 Player, Feel free to implement GPU support as I am very new at video manipulation. Lastly, The update to the Game Save will currupt the old game saves. Delete them or finish your game then upgrade. Well this was a much needed break enjoy this small update.

Updates:
    -----> Images will now save as PNG instead of PCX.
    -----> Update to Game Save. It will now save score as well.
    -----> Music now Pauses in Pause Menu.
    -----> Code Optimization removed alot of unnecessary code that the PSP would not use.
    -----> Use the new filemenu.png since I removed Huge font code I was using to generate psp symbols.

Issues:
    -Sleep Mode is not supported Yet.

Future Releases:
    -Wireless 2 Player support
    -Video GPU Support

Usage:
    - Images and Saves directories are necessary for BOR. Place them in the same directory as eboot.
    - Recommended all mods go in 'Paks' dir but shoudn't matter...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Seems to have stopped working in 2.0 via tiff exploit...

Sounds good that now it's fully PSPSDK. Hope you get it back on 2.0+ (want to see the progress).

Another thing, I've got the original BoR pak (the one by team Senile). I guess it would be nice if the intro screen could also be in full screen.

Best regards

Seems other people have been able to load it on 2.5 and 2.6.

DCEmu Newbie

All pak file must be renamed to bor.pak ?

no not anymore. name it what ever you want as long as the extention is ".pak" or ".PAK" I will fix that extention bug in the next release so it doesn't matter what case it is in.

DCEmu Newbie

I know about the signature reader. I even reported a bug in it (version bundled with 0.9 - error fixed in 0.95)!

Sorry it doesn't seem to work on 2.0 via tiff...

GTA and tiff exploit currently don't run the same stuff.

For instance tiff doesn't run PSP-GBA 1.1 (psp298) nor PSP-GBA 0.01 (miemt11) while GTA does. On BookR 0.6 happens the oposite, tiff runs and GTA no.

This seems to be what happened in BoR 0.08. It's not kernel but still some apps like ScummVM 0.8.2 (which is user mode) will need "patchkernelwarning=Y" to run (and this did not fix BoR under tiff). 0.07 had no issues... And 0.08 doesn't even run under EBOOT Loader 0.9 (which runs in 2.0 tif everything that runs in the eLoader 0.95 as far as I noticed plus stuff currently broken in 0.95).

weird.... which version are you using? 1.0 or 1.5? did you try both versions?

DCEmu Newbie

Well I tried only 1.0 but I bet that's not the case. I've never had any issues with 1.0vs1.5 version eboots...

First I used a repacked version of BoR (unpacked&repacked with PBP Unpacker and changed the title with PSP Brew 0.61). Then I used the original one inside the zip (and the file is not curropt).

I've run it through eLoader 0.95 with custom configs (which I are fully relyable), 0.95 with the updated configs (just in case of any mistake of my part) and my hex edited self contained (all files in PSP/PHOTO/eLoader) EBOOT Loader 0.9 (and I didn't leave anything behind when hex editing and updating the config)...

Guess it would be nice the confirmation of any other 2.0 user...

Edit:

Just tried with 1.5 version so there are no doubts. As I suspected it didn't work... BoR doesn't even load...

I tried lower case and upper case pak files (because of that case issue you wrote above)... I didn't even get to the menu to select the pak...

DCEmu Newbie

where can I get the bor.pak file please? It seem sto be so simple yet so hard to find...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiX
    no not anymore. name it what ever you want as long as the extention is ".pak" or ".PAK" I will fix that extention bug in the next release so it doesn't matter what case it is in.
    OK thanks, great port btw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information