Thread: Generation of Chaos without PSP 2.6?

Default Generation of Chaos without PSP 2.6?

Is it possible to play GoC without having to upgrade to 2.6? I currently have a 2.0 PSP, and desperately do not want to upgrade. I also desperately want to play this game, so I am in a bit of a pinch. Can I use the version changer to play, or has anyone found a way other than upgrading. I know that homebrew on 2.6 is slowly realizing itself, but I would really rather stick with the downgradable 2.0, than go to 2.6 and never come back.

Please, is there any way I could do this? I know the UMD loader works on 1.5, has anyone gotten 2.6 games to work on it yet?

Sony, why do you have to do this to me?

DCEmu Newbie

I'm in a similar situation as you. I'm running 1.5 and would rather not upgrade. I've been trying to figure out if anyone has been able to run GoC and thus far it seems as though it won't happen on anything less than firmware 2.6.

Having said that, my plan is to wait it out until the flash files for 2.6 can somehow be extracted, or until MPH's umdloader can otherwise launch GoC. But yeah, I really want to play this game as well. Guess Popolocrois will have to hold me over until then.

I've already upgraded. It was worth it. GoC is an awesome game, once you get past the small pains in the ass.

I still have homebrew under GTA. I don't think MPH will crack 2.6 any time soon, but hopefully they will find a proper crack for 3.0 so I won't have to pop in GTA any more.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah I am very tempted to upgrade myself. Have you gotten the genesis, snes, and amiga emulators working on 2.6? Those are really all I care about anyway.

Thanks for the info and maybe I'll soon join the GoC party.

Quote Originally Posted by dkjr83
    Yeah I am very tempted to upgrade myself. Have you gotten the genesis, snes, and amiga emulators working on 2.6? Those are really all I care about anyway.

uhm, what is GoC, and where can i get it?

It's an awsome NIS America game, these are the people behind rpg's like alter iris and phantom brave. Sadly, their only psp title comes in one flavor at the moment, UPGRADE-ARSEWATER CHERRY, and they ran out of cherry. So this thread is for people like me, waiting for people unlike me to come up with a solution without upgrading. I'm a creature of convenience personally, and my 1.5 is damn easy to use homebrew on, while GTA tools are a bit of a problem with me. Ahh well... my hope is someone will expand on the home made upgrade tools and create a version with 1.0 homebrew compatability and 2.7 functions and game compatability, but thats alot to wish for.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dkjr83

I have managed to get snes emulators working great on psp 2.6 firmware i also have a dgen megadrive one which is cool also nes and gameboy and atary lynx all fine cant get master system working on 2.6 though any one need links and info and screenshots for help in getting thease emulators working then post a reply and il be happy to assist in any way i can

Thread Information