Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No play station, say Metro bosses - The Return of Sonys Daft Ads

Blog Entries

Thumbs down No play station, say Metro bosses - The Return of Sonys Daft Ads

Source Manchester Evening News

METROLINK has been forced to cover up a poster on a tram platform reading: "Take a running jump from here". The poster, advertising Playstation, was spotted by a railway worker and Metrolink was ordered to take it down for fear it could encourage people to leap on to the line. Metrolink says the poster was the responsibility of JC Decaux, which is in charge of billboards at the station, and they were told to cover it up as soon it was realised what it said. The poster, on the platform in the underground station at Piccadilly, was covered over with tape and was due to be taken down today.

"The message goes completely against all our safety messages, particularly because Playstation is aimed at youngsters and we are constantly telling them not to trespass. Most recently, a 60-year-old woman needed hospital treatment after being hit by a tram in Piccadilly Gardens.

Sony, which makes Playstation, said they did not want to comment.

Well looking at the ad, it begs the question what idiot would put that type of ad in a train station, if you spot any more daft PSP ads post the photo or tell us via comments, Sony really needs to learn how to advertise

O_o

...I'm going to proceed to laugh at Sony's advertisment department now.

hmm... dont really see how they figured out it was representing the psp... i personally never heard that slogan for the psp.... just the weird squirrel stuff "psp... HELLS YEAH!" ^_^

o never mind, didn't see the little icons in the bottom corner, thought they were blood stains, haha

You know...how does that ad make any sense anyways? How could "Take a Running Jump Here" Help sell a PSP?? O_o

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Insane1
    You know...how does that ad make any sense anyways? How could "Take a Running Jump Here" Help sell a PSP?? O_o
    i agree completely.

i say that 60yr old lady should pay sony 1mill for being that stupid

The ad makes me think of morning cakes. The old lady has pased away. This is an outrage!

DCEmu Newbie

Anybody who actually does what that advertisement appears to instruct deserves all of the pain/death that they receive from following it.

Question Hmm

I personaly Think the ad should be taken down.
    Im sure ill catch a lot flack because of my opinion.
    But you have to realize. The whole worlds mentality is not summed up in our own thoughts an opinions. There are some truely disturbed and handicapped people out there. And just because most people are smart enough to know better doesnt mean everyone is.
    Furthermore. Just becuase some people arnt smart enough to know better doesnt make it there fault there not. Some people have dissablities and problems and just planely just dont know any better.

Remember the Mcdonalds woman that had the cofee acident ?
    im not saying she wasnt at fault for that. But lets face it just because a lot of people have a firm grip on reality doesnt mean everyone does. And for us that do have a firm grip on reality. Its our recponcibility to take into concideration that not everyone does. For if we dont stop to concider that not everyone is capible of seperating fact from fiction. Then is some ways we are flawed ourselves

Just because somones not smart enough to not burn thereselves or know not to step out in front of moveing traffic, doesnt mean they deserve what happens to them if they do.
    Those who know better have a responcibility to look out for those who do not.

How many times in history do you think, somone has stood by and watched somone die horibly and painfuly and thought to thereselves that person was stupid for doing what they did?! When in reality that person could have been spared a lot of hurt and pain. if somone had just simply yelled HEY WATCH OUT FOR THAT CAR! or HEY YOULL GET HURT!! But no people are more content to silently stand there ans watch the chaos and pain and suffering of somones else mistake, and say how stupid that was. Whos really more fractured in this world ? The people who dont know any better?
    Or the people who do and just dont care?!

DCEmu Newbie

I think Sonys new ads are really cleaver
    Its implying you can take a running jump on the PSP i.e. a running jump in a game
    Others signs I have seen have said,

Keep your girl friends white bits here i.e. your personal photos can be stored on the PSP.

X Rated video and Audio here i.e. you can watch X rated movies on the PSP.

Anyone who thinks these ads are aimed at children are to young or to stupid to understand them.

Well done sony.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Lol makes u wonder doe'snt it jesus what next ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information