Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEO4ALL ALPHA ONE released !

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default NEO4ALL ALPHA ONE released !

Alternative open source NEOGEO/CD emulator:[br][br]- Close to 100% (frameskip0 with sound-fx).[br]- FAME Motorola 68000 core by Fox68k.[br]- CZ80 Zilog Z80 core by Stef.[br]- New Blitter using cache tile (pvr textures).[br][br][br][br]Binary, source code and more info:[br]http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/neo4all.shtml

Default Re: NEO4ALL ALPHA ONE released !

Just burn it and WOW!!!! Great job, fullspeed (frameskip 0 with sound), really nice sound SFX's they seemed to be sync'd with the game too. The screen seems to be in low resolution but with a really weird filter its too blurry even in the menu. Only tested with Ghost Pilots anxious to hear the results with more games from the real Neo fanatics.

You can even play with the keyboard with a second player like I did

Blog Entries

wow awesome release

Massive Thanks to Chui and Fox68K/Stef for all their hard work

Great Job!!!
    Its Amazing, just tested the Metal Slug and its about 90% speed with sound!

But the graphic filter (scan lines?) its little worse than analogue filter on NeoCD/DC

Some strange bug found in Top Hunter - the emulator self-acting pause in game (?)

great, great and great again, what a wonderful work
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

The games usally works between 90% and 110% using frameskip0 (depend graphics load), if you use autoframeskip this problem disappears, right or no? i don't have a neogeo system and i don't know real speed.

NEO4ALL use 320x240 NTSC for emulate 312x224 60Hz Neogeo (pvr hardware scale); maybe next version use 640x480 if don't slow down.

Also, many games don't work or don't work fine; Fame core need debug (a bit). Please, report any problem/bug.

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=Chui link=board=news;num=1107740859;start=0#5 date=02/07/05 at 10:11:37]The games usally works between 90% and 110% using frameskip0 (depend graphics load), if you use autoframeskip this problem disappears, right or no? i don't have a neogeo system and i don't know real speed.

NEO4ALL use 320x240 NTSC for emulate 312x224 60Hz Neogeo (pvr hardware scale); maybe next version use 640x480 if don't slow down.

Also, many games don't work or don't work fine; *Fame core need debug (a bit). Please, report any problem/bug.[/quote]

Glad you used CZ80 in this release
    It was easy to implement it ?
    I hope NeoGeo don't use Z80 ports much... i only tested CZ80 in Genesis Plus and Genesis don't use ports at all so i never was able to test these instructions :P

NEO4ALL compiled with z80 interface for mZ80 and mameZ80, add CZ80 was very easy to implement (<1 hour), thanks! it's a great core!

I don't know if NeoGeo use a intensive In/Out code, but CZ80 work fine; i don't find any difference of compatibility against mameZ80.

DCEmu Newbie

Wow... this is an impressive release fellas.
    It's got great speed an sound... the resolution is a little murky, but as you said, it's at 320.

Also, there is one MAJOR bug. It's seems you have assigned the pause button(I think it's the select button on the Neo Geo) to the up, down, left, right and A buttons on the controller, so when you push in a direction it pauses. Metal Slug works great because I don't think it has a puse function, but the others pause with every movement... Rally Chase, and all the fighters etc.

So far only one game hasn't worked... and it may have been from the pause bug, as I didn't know about it before then, but on Samurai Spirits 4, it hans after the 'En Garde' message.

Anyway, this is an amzing emulator... I can't wait to see the next release

DCEmu Newbie

OH, some more bugs I just realised...

On some games, after the debug loading screen(the one from the emulator) it doesn't refresh on all games, so you can hear the menu music, but nothing appears on screen until you press start.
    Oh, and the CDDA lags, but so far every game I've tried has CDDA... some of which don't on NeoCD.

*Plays some more*

EDIT: I hate to be picky, but I guess posting as many bugs as I can find could be helpful, right?

In games with timers, they seem to go down too quick, like fighting games, etc. And some effects (especially in the MEtal Slugs) are just white boxes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information