Thread: So, How Long Until Final Fantasy XIII Is Out In Europe?

ps3 So, How Long Until Final Fantasy XIII Is Out In Europe?

via Kotaku

As we've pointed out with numbers, few Japanese publishers are as tardy with their European releases as Square Enix. So how's the Final Fantasy XIII localisation coming along, then?

In a statement that's not exactly encouraging for European fans, Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase has told Videogamer:

Obviously we would like to release [in Europe] as soon as possible. Traditionally the Final Fantasy numbered series, it takes about half a year between the release in Japan and the release in North America, and another half a year before it's released in Europe. But we would like to minimise this, this time.

For example we have already started recording English voices, and also the text localisation has been in progress, too. Normally we complete the Japanese version first, then move on to the US and EU versions, but this time there are some tasks that are happening simultaneously. So this time we're hoping to release sooner than a year later than the Japanese release.

It's amazing that we're nine years into the 21st century, and 13 games into the Final Fantasy series, and Square Enix still don't have their $#@! together. How is it Metal Gear Solid 4 can ship worldwide simultaneously, while Square can only offer "we're hoping to release sooner than a year later than the Japanese release"?

Hope is no guarantee (less than a year can still be 11 months!), and hope won't cut it with angry Europeans, Square Enix. Especially the ones that can't speak English, and thus can't import the US version.

Thankfully they don't delay the games that much anymore. With PS3 being region free, people will port the hell out of it, if they do. It will be very funny to finish localising the game after six months to see that it is allready fan-transladed in the rest of the world. There are also games that will get ported anyway dew to european censorsip (Ninja Gaiden).

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Justise View Post
    Thankfully they don't delay the games that much anymore. With PS3 being region free, people will port the hell out of it, if they do. It will be very funny to finish localising the game after six months to see that it is allready fan-transladed in the rest of the world. There are also games that will get ported anyway dew to european censorsip (Ninja Gaiden).
    Hopefully Square Enix can spell better than you!

Anyway the odd thing is the language sold in the UK is nearly always in US English and with US English manuals, from virtually all game developers, (with the exception of Lionhead Studios) and yet they still won't release games in the UK at the same time as the US.

Quote Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
    Hopefully Square Enix can spell better than you!
    I have dislexia. So don't be hard on me. Normally I have a dictionary on my PC, but for some reasons DCemu does not open from there, and now I'm writing from my university.

As for European releases I mostly care for Censoship, and Bad localization, especially when the original language is not selectable. Japanese games are being traditionally Powned in their oversea's ports, and they get even more Powned on their European releases.

Well to worsen things we also have to wait for that port to be finished, I'll get it before Europe will cause I'm in the US but still, the fact we've got to wait even longer isn't cool >.>
    Although I await the game patiently XD

Thread Information