Thread: Running a 2.6 required game on 1.5?

Default Running a 2.6 required game on 1.5?

I have kept my PSP in 1.5 so I could run homebrews and I havent had any trouble running official games until today. I was browsing in Best Buy and decided I hadn't picked up anything new for my PSP in a while so I grabbed Generation of Chaos by Atlas. I popped it in when I got home and it tells me I need to be running 2.6 firmware to play it. I don't want to update my PSP obviously so is there a way to play games that require 2.6 firmware on a 1.5 psp or did I just throw $40 down the crapper? I read a little around here and someone mentioned UMD loader or something like that but only in context of using it for games that require 2.0 and they didn't mention where to get the program itself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

setx will read up to a 2.5 or less firmware umd on any 2.0 psp but unfortunetley nothing has been made for running 2.6 i had to get another psp to play games that require 2.6 like the new DBZ SHIN BUDO KAI for example stay away if your psp is leaning toward homebrew its a sacrifice to upgrade ...But all the emulators or main ones work on 2.6 like = gb/gbc , nes , snes ,gba , and the sega just have to have the right download check the fanjita web site on a regular basis and always stay in tune here at the..

#1 PSP NEWS SITE ON THE NET DCEMU RULES STRAIT UP!!

Aw man. I'm not gonna waste another $250 on a PSP that I can run 2.6 on to play newer games and I'm not gonna update the one I have now just to play this, Ebay it is I guess for this game. I hope something comes out to let me play these games in the future.

dont give up so easily man, look for the ISO of the game why? because chances are if the ISO is floating around theres a way to manipulate it in effort to play it, yeah the disc you bought was pointless when you could have just downloaded all along but learned that lesson the hardway myself one time. good luck but there has to be a way to get that running and if not right now give MPH a good couple months

Wouldn't attempting to run ISOs require a memory card larger than the 256 mb card I have?

no discussions of ISO's. Legal or illegal it is against site policy

Thread Information