Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Texture Update !! (News Mar 15th)

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by glitch
    chaz, I know what he said bout the kernel and stuff I just wanted more details about the ram issue, specifically, which he did provide. But yes none of this matters till later into the developement.
    The RAM is an issue because the entire rom needs to be loaded into memory before use. Since some is taken by the kernal and emu, not much is left. 16-24 I think from memory.

The pic on the left looks good. Thank you for being a legit coder, great work dude

PSP Coder

So yeah ok, I've been sick for the past 4 days. This has sucked badly yet i'm feeling better now.

Anyways since I can only debug at work (my home pc dont like pj64 very well for some odd reason) I started looking into why a few games wont work durring lunch. The simplest to debug was mischif maker as it breaks early. Anyways I have started to find where the problem lies but not fully found the exact bug yet I am getting close. I am hoping with doing this I can get more games running which will inturn help me on the rdp. At the moment with an improved memory handler, the textures on games are more ****ed yet many issues like flickering or bad collors are gone (which is a good thing). I probably just need to adjust how I read the data again to get the textures looking correct.

So thats about it for a status update.

DCEmu Newbie

I really looking forward to see the code and the updates on that project, N64 emulator always interested me. Hopefully, I will be able to help a bit once it's "open source" or something. 4 days sick ? Must have been something really bad. Not like my "Cabane à subre" yesterday where I ate too much and feeled bad for the entire day

I had issues with pj64 on my computer as well. It worked fine for awhile, and then suddenly began crapping out on me. I believe the error it usually gave was that it could not allocate the memory. However, I uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times, and it is working fine once again.

I have been following all threads on this topic very closely, and I hope that this has not already been asked: why is it that M64 tells me that there is insufficient memory for some 16 MB games, such as Mario Kart and Mario Tennis? It's no big deal right now since they are not playable yet, but I was just curious.

Thanks for the hard work!

Wink

I have been following all threads on this topic very closely, and I hope that this has not already been asked: why is it that M64 tells me that there is insufficient memory for some 16 MB games, such as Mario Kart and Mario Tennis? It's no big deal right now since they are not playable yet, but I was just curious.
    Read the earlier posts in this thread and you will find the answer to your question

Pj64 didn't like when I used Rices Video plugin, then I got a new video card and it worked fine

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by hockey2112
    I had issues with pj64 on my computer as well. It worked fine for awhile, and then suddenly began crapping out on me. I believe the error it usually gave was that it could not allocate the memory. However, I uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times, and it is working fine once again.

Thanks for the hard work!
    Some times it has problems loading 16mb files since it feels its out of memory. I am not fully sure why and will fix this in the future.

I had problems with it loading some games aswell(mostly conkers bad fur day)...Then I took a look at my Virtual memory on my computer and it was turned off. I made it use upto 2GB for Virtual memory and havn't had that problem again :P

PSP Coder

Well my problem with using pj64 at home is a known problem by zilmar. It seems the debug windows flake out on winxp but not 2k. Sucks but oh well. Anyways I tried to debug some more last night best I can. I did not get anything running yet but I got more games into 2 groups.

1) games that are waiting on something to trigger to start (ie they idle at the right place but some varible is not set so they run the rsp).
    2) Games that start the rsp and do stuff but then hang someonwere in the rsp.

I actualy got starfox now showing the nintendo screen (but its a white square since i dont suport the render mode yet) but then it goes into problem number 2. Wave race kind of does the same, once it goes to start the game after the n64 logo it gets stuck in the rsp. Oh I also got snowboard kids doing some rsp/rdp stuff but then also hitting problem number 2.

Well thats about it for now. Hopefuly I can find that bug haulting games soon. It really feels less of an opcode error and more of a value not set somewhere that the game needs.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information