Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SNES4ALL Alpha-Two released !

Default SNES4ALL Alpha-Two released !

Second alpha release of SNES4ALL (SuperNintendo emulator for Dreamcast):

- SPEED UP !!!
    - Operative Menu: Throttle/Frameskip/Transperency/Sound...
    - Fixed controls, 4 joysticks emulated.

For 'Super Mario World' game, the speed is between frameskip 0-1 without sound and 1-2 with sound.

Download at SNES4ALL site.

DCEmu Regular

Let me be the first to say thank you to you and your wonderful team, your dedication and devotion to the dreamcast and to coding are astounding, and quite remakrable. You guys continue to surprise and entertain me all the time. if you guys like, re-did frodo for dc, and put your menu thing and gui in it... wooooey that would rock.

wow... makes me wish i had a dc still. Id be interested to know just how big of a speed up were seeing here.

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you so much! I'll try it this weekend.

Default Optimizations.

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    wow... makes me wish i had a dc still. Id be interested to know just how big of a speed up were seeing here.
    I do not know who is Id, but i suppose that he works in Snes9x porting (PSP?).

SNES4ALL is at the beginning and i do not know that optimizations will have at future, but i think that i need to do:

- Locate bottlenecks: It must be the first task for knowing the weight of each emulation part. The best method is to build a profiler.

- Throttle methods: Sometimes is not necessary all emulation parts for a lot of games or it is possible to ampler cpu timeslices. For example, UAE4ALL has the possibility of not paint/process overscan horizontal traces and duplicate CPU timeslices per group events.

- Always CPP as C: GNU/G++ compiler generates better code that GNU/GCC.

- Assembler: After locate bottlenecks is possible to convert bit parts of code to assembler. Be carefully, to do bad assembler code is easy and typical, good C code is better that bad assembler code.

- Use hardware: It is important to know the hardware accelerations of target machine, for example store queue for Dreamcast. This is not easy, many hardware accelerations would not speed up for bad use or bad concept, for example convert 2D tiles to 3D textures is more pretty, but it is necessary to use cache of tile/textures for speed up: to convert all tiles to textures per frame sometimes is more slow.

Also for fast coding, multi-platform is very important because a lot of task are possible to do for Windows or GNU/Linux. For example: try and test throttle methods.

Quote Originally Posted by obelisk
    Let me be the first to say thank you to you and your wonderful team, your dedication and devotion to the dreamcast and to coding are astounding, and quite remakrable. You guys continue to surprise and entertain me all the time. if you guys like, re-did frodo for dc, and put your menu thing and gui in it... wooooey that would rock.

It is not probable that i open new projects at near future, frodo is a good project, but now i prefer SuperNintendo, MAME, ZX-Spectrum and Playstation .. i need 1 or 2 years for these.

But if after these new projects, there are not a decent emulators for Genesis/Megadrive and PcEngine/TurboGFX, i will try to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by chui
    I do not know who is Id, but i suppose that he works in Snes9x porting (PSP?).
    haha. Id = I'd / I would
    as in Id like to have an excuse for my bad english... but it is my first language.

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    haha. Id = I'd / I would
    as in Id like to have an excuse for my bad english... but it is my first language.
    Im stupiz

http://www.imagexoom.com/uploads/snes4all.gif

Saludetes Chui!!

Logo del amigo Plinko

DCEmu Newbie

Can someone help me burning this? I went to Chui's page, and clicked the link with tutorials to make something selfboot, but I couldn't find anything that would make a 1st_read.bin selfboot. I'm a noob with homebrew

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information