Thread: XviD4PSP v3.100 (Video Converter)

Blog Entries

Arrow XviD4PSP v3.100 (Video Converter)

Winnydows (Russian Website) has released a new version of his Xvid/AVI etc to PMP (PSP Format Video) Converter, this release does have a full English Doc:

Heres some details about this App:

Minimal requirements to system:

AviSynth 2.5.6a
    Framework 2.0
    XviD 1.1.0 final
    DivX 6.x.x

To start converting open XviD4PSP, choose interesting you Options, add the task (DVD or AVI) and press button Start . Button Start - starts tasks, Clear - clears the list of tasks and delete temp files, Stop - stop all tasks.
    If the Temp Folder is not specified, the Windows standard Temp folder is used. If the Save Folder is not specified, PMP files will be saved near to sources.

Most interesting futures of the program:

The greatest possible quality of PMP files, and full automation.
    Aspect corrected automatically.
    Imposing of subtitles. While only for AVI. The file of subtitles should name as well as film, also should be in a format SRT.
    Combine of several AVI to one PMP.
    Coding towards the size.
    Addition of tasks. It is possible to add some tasks, for example a AVI and one DVD to choose End Do: Hibernate and to press button Start. Consistently encoded all tasks and after end of process the computer will leave in sleep mode.
    Automatically repair all corrupted icons on your Sony PSP. (Tools - Hide Corrupted Icons)

Options:

HQ Mode: VirtualDub - coding and application of filters It is carried out through VirtualDub. More slowly than through Mencoder, but is more qualitative.
    HQ Mode: Mencoder - coding is carried out through Mencoder, filters are applied through AviSynth. More speed than VirtualDub, but less quality.
    Speed Mode: Mencoder - fast , but low quality coding mode. If you prefer speed, this your choice.
    Norm - increase of loudness. Value 200% is best choice.
    Grain - smoothing of noise, de-blocking and improvement compressibility. A useful option for the noisy and strongly compressed sources. Promotes improvement of quality.
    Sharpen - increase of clearness. Very useful and necessary option. Values by default are optimum.
    Auto-crop - automatic a crop of black fields. It is applied only in case of detection water with the size more than 2 pixels.
    Info Names - to the name of a file the mode of coding is added. It is useful if you for comparison have solved encode the same file to two in the different ways - VirtualDub or Mencoder.

Download via Comments and give feedback

If it didn't force the user to install both Net Framework 2.0 and Divx (i encode with Xvid, ty), I would consider trying it
    Later,

TSR

So many PMP apps out there and they all req different settings, im trying this new version now, it now has a progress bar where as b4 it just sat about and u never knew if it was doing anything.. i dont remeber installing the last version where as u do this one...

oh and where it says "Grain" does tht mean "Gain" for audio ?

DCEmu Newbie

No it is grain for video its happens in some types of areas with poor lighting.
    Looks cool I'll try it

works well with AVI files but crashes with Ripped Vobs or a DVD in , comes up with" Arithmetic operaration resulted in an overflow" error with ripped Vobs and another error with a DVD meaning the same thing...lol previous versions didnt...

I get the same problem. After ripping a DVD to computer using DVD Decrypter, I tried both adding the vob files as files, and also setting up a virtual drive and PMPing the movie that way. On both occasions, after creating the D2V file it said All jobs done. They weren't.

I don't like this new update, but the old one had the sound out of sync by about half a second. This converter "would" be the best converter by far, if it kept audio in sync, and if the latest version actually worked. I do not want to have to convert my VOBs to AVI, then onto PMP, as I have done this sucessfully but it takes ages and loses quality on the way. I like this programs feature where it clips off the sides of the file if required, eg if it is a 21:9 cinema aspect ratio. Unfortunately, I do not know if the audio sync bug is fixed in this version as I can't get it working. You should never program sometihing like this in C#. It is insufficient and doesn't half work.

Thread Information