Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ur-Quan Masters 0.5.0 - PSP Port Rev 001

DCEmu Newbie

Sharkus,

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for this port. Ur Quan Masters is by far one of my favorite games for the PC and 3DO. Please do not give up on this project until it is 100%. I want to have your manbabies.

Love,
    Trip

DCEmu Newbie

Default Custom icon

I also created a custom icon for this game with the pictures attached.
    I also converted a music file from the 3do music addon to add to the icon.
    These files i included so you could make your own EBOOT.PBP:
    - PARAM.SFO <- The loader link to the maindir
    - PIC1.PNG <- The background
    - ICON0.PNG <- The small icon
    - SND0.AT3 <- The background music

I also included the full EBOOT.PBP for your convenience.
    Just replace the eboot that's in the folder with no other files. (The UQM% folder)

Thanx for bringing this game to the PSP Sharkus!!
    Excellent work! Stability is pretty good, only downside is the loading as you already mentioned. Keep it up!

grtz,
    Tieske

Thanks to everyone for the icons.

I've been focusing on fixing stability problems. Initial load times are a bit long, but I find the game as playable as most commercial PSP game. I'll work on that once I'm sure the game doesn't crash...

I must say that the stability problems have been nasty to find and fix. I hope I nailed the final problem (code is working with -O2 compiler flag so that is a good sign). I will do a bit more testing and hopefully have a much better release available soon.

-Sharkus

DCEmu Newbie

Sharkus thanks for the port.
    The strange is that 1 day before your post i was searching for this

ive been playing nothing but this since it came out! its an awesome game, but its crashing very regularly. about every 20 min the system will just shut down. ive been saving often, but its screwed my a few times. cant wait for the next update!

1 gig msd- 1.5 fw- 400megs free

oh and also. sometimes when you go to scan a planet, the surface will be black, no textures, on any planet you go to after than, untill you reboot. if you dont reboot, it will crash within a few minutes, and if you saved during that time, any loads will be currupted the same way. hope that helps

DCEmu Newbie

im having a great time with this, it has brought back so many memories of my first computer.. anyway, the game has been running rather smooth for me, absoultly no problems other that the obvious load times and ocasional crashes which seem to happen after long conversations or long play. i must say sharkus, this is one of the best ports to psp ever released, thank you soo much

1.5 fw 1 gig sandisk. version 002. content, voice, music

DCEmu Newbie

I have a question.To play the game do i need to unzip the files to PSP/GAME/UQM/content/packages?I have a pc port version...

No need to unzip anything. Just drop the .uqm files there. (Make sure they are the 0.5.0 version of the content files.)

Quick update... Unfortuantely there is still a lingering crash so no release for a few more days. (I'll be away for the weekend.)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information