Thread: The Encyclopedia of Game.Machines

Blog Entries

Thumbs up The Encyclopedia of Game.Machines

Play Asia have let me know they have a book released called The Encyclopedia of Game.Machines, heres some info:

33 years of onscreen fun and interaction: This book presents almost every game computer and console ever created, from Japan, USA and Europe, along with classic software in its authentic, pixellated glory, and background information as well as key technical facts.

More than 400 dream machines and million sellers, bizarre slip-ups and exotic variants are celebrated in full colour chapters with extensive appendixes. From Atari to Xbox, from the C64 to Nintendo DS: Game.Machines is the reference point for members of the PlayStation generation; whether they’re gamers or collectors.

Originally published in Germany, Game.Machines has been recognized as a `suitable reference´ and `recommended reading´ (by Germany's premier micro monthly C’t), as `very entertaining´ (Gamestar) and `compulsory reading´ (PlayZone) or simply as `Ace´ (ComputerBILD). Two years in the making, this greatly enhanced and revised edition invites you to a time journey across the video game era: From the 4-bit beginnings to the broadband future.

features
    • Consoles, handheld & home computers 1972-2005
    • First edition: 224 pages in full colour
    • From Atari to Sega, from Apple to Nintendo DS: The illustrated history of 450 machines with 600 pictures, history & technical data
    • Language: English

For those who are new and old to the world of Game Consoles and Computers this is an excellent way to find out more, more info at Play Asia here --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-...j-70-14fk.html

Would you have bought it for 30 bucks+ shipping wraggster?
    That's the real Q.
    Later,

TSR

If i wanted to know about the history of video games machines I would search the net not buy an expensive book.

Heh n00bs. Can you bring the internet with you on bus journeys? This is a good idea. Quite like the book I found in a book shop once, "A-Z of cool computer games". It had information I never found on the internet, like Romero's fuitless attempts to upload the shareware release of Doom onto the university site, while everyone else had congested the network eagerly awaiting the release.

I might but this book, if it is good enough. It sure beats looking up the internet for info on, um, over 400 consoles :P

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

ACeedddd forget it the ultimate trip down memory lane awsome !!!

Thread Information