Thread: Slim PS3 update: mysterious Chinese firm issues a cease and desist... to Engadget

Blog Entries

ps3 Slim PS3 update: mysterious Chinese firm issues a cease and desist... to Engadget

You know, one of these days, someone at one of these big companies is going to get this right. If you send a cease and desist about "leaked" photos of a supposed device, you're basically saying, "Hey guys, those pictures are real." Now, we can't tell you with 100 percent assurance that that's the case when it comes to those factory pics of rubber-gloved hands all over an apparently-new PS3 hardware design, but it doesn't help anyone's case when a Chinese company sends your Japanese wing a takedown notice. Keep in mind, since this thing isn't from Sony, we can't really be sure that it's the real deal, but we'll be honest -- things are starting to look mighty suspicious. Text of one of the charming messages after the break. We'll pause for comment now.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/18/s...ease-and-desi/

Blog Entries

It seems awfully silly to release a slim PS3 this fast but its seeming more and more likely. I guess we'll know soon enough with E3 just around the bend.

I agree, it's too fast for a second interation of the PS3. Another 3 or so years at least would be better. In any case, if truly there is a slimline PS3 in the pipeline it I so hope it does not look like that cheap piece of junk. Honestly it better not.

Blog Entries

ill stick with my PS3s for now, i have 2 original 20gb jap models with the ps2 hardware inside, i pray the day when a region free ps2 hack is out

If it comes from China,then this pic is probably of a ps3 famiclone(pirate NES machine)

Thread Information