Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus driver fired for playing PSP

Blog Entries

Talking Bus driver fired for playing PSP

Source Eurogamer:

A Lancashire bus driver has been fired after he was caught playing his PSP when he should have been keeping his eyes on the road. According to the Daily Record, passengers complained to transport authorities after the man was seen with the handheld on his lap whilst driving from Accrington (who? ExACKly) to Blackburn. He was spotted playing not only when the bus was at traffic lights and bus stops, but also when driving down icy roads.

"He was playing a Grand Theft Auto game and the screams of the characters being shot could be heard all around the bus," one passenger is quoted as saying. "I find it hard to believe that anyone driving a car with a PSP on their knee would be considered a safe driver - doubly so a person in charge of a singledecker bus capable of carrying 40 to 50 passengers."

Following the complaints, authorities reviewed CCTV footage filmed during the journey, and promptly sacked the driver in question. "We take a very dim view of drivers using any sort of device that will distract them from their job," said Blackburn Transport boss Michael Morton. "All we are able to say in any of these cases is we feel that the appropriate disciplinary action has been taken." Police are now investigating the matter to decide whether or not the driver should face charges for motoring offences.

LoL What a Muppet

hey i play my psp while driving all the time jk i dont have a car

that bus driver sounds like a really horrible person. he got off lightly getting fired.
    i think the death sentence should be considered. lives were in his hands and he abused that responsability in quite a sadistic way.
    good game though.

lol bullhead

pwnage. Bus Drivers are supposed to drive buses. Mabye he was driving one in GTA...

Some people are plain stupid...
    It's like something I heard years ago: The kid was walking on the sidewalk while playing GameBoy(dunno what version, but I believe GBA was't released at the time). The kid bumped in a pole. He took some stitches in the forehead. His mom prohibited him to play games :P
    It's an overreacted action, but the kid was stupid too :P

bah! let the man drive the bus and play PsP i mean its portable nut if you cant play it while driving its not really that portable lol

Cape Town, South Africa. Where the girl to guy ratio is 7 to 1!

And it clearly says in the manual, and I quote, ahem... "Do not use the system while driving or riding a bicycle." I thought that was pretty self-explanetory, and only an idiot would try something like that... but wait... they say more! "Looking at the screen or operating the system while driving an automobile or riding a bicycle may result in a traffic accident." NO! Really? I wonder if Sony would like to amend this line in their manual to include horse-driven carts and more importantly, motorbikes?

I guess there really IS an idiot born every minute. :P

DCEmu Newbie

read this in todays metro

I wanna drive and play video games! =O Haha, wow did that guy even think for a second before deciding to play it while driving? "Hmm, I guess playing while driving couldn't possibly be dangerous." XD

someone contact sony's advertising department.

"PSP. It's like a game you can play while driving a bus."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information