Thread: Sony confirms UK price of new standalone PSP pack

Blog Entries

Default Sony confirms UK price of new standalone PSP pack

Source GamesIndustry

Sony Computer Entertainment has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that the new PSP Pack, which is set to go on sale across Europe from March 22nd, will retail for just under GBP 150 in the UK.

"This pack contains just the PSP and its charger, and will retail at the rrp of £149.99," said a spokesperson.

"The Value Pack and Giga Pack will continue to retail at their respective prices as before." The Value Pack, which includes accessories such as headphones and a case plus a 32MB Memory Stick, is priced GBP 179.99. The Giga Pack, which comes with accessories plus a 1GB Memory Stick, costs GBP 209.99.

Sony previously announced that the new "base unit" pack will cost EURO 199 when it launches in Europe.

The company also plans to launch an EyeToy camera for the handheld, along with a video and voice chat service and a GPS receiver. Users will also have the option to download and play a range of PSone games.

Thats all very well but Success HK already sell the PSP Standalone for 196 Dollars or around 110 Pounds

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster

The Value Pack, which includes accessories such as headphones and a case plus a 32MB Memory Stick, is priced GBP 179.99.

Thats all very well but Success HK already sell the PSP Standalone for 196 Dollars or around 110 Pounds
    [rant]

Nice to see gamers and especially us in the UK get screwed over again...

Even if you take the ludicrous retail price of the 32mb card to be £19 (bizarrely the same price as a 256mb Sony MS), the case, awful headphones, and strap couldn't be said to be worth £11. My guess is their combined manufacturing cost is around the £2.00 mark! If you add that to the fact that Sony aren't even doing production runs of their 32mb MS anymore and must be laughing that they are able to get rid of their surplus stock of 32mb MS which are pretty much unsellable in the current market.

[/rant]

Man, £110 pounds? I thought it was £108. Guess I was wrong.

Talking of these prices, I'm starting to worry. I bought my PSP in America last June for $199. I find this hard to believe, but it is definite. If I can find the reciept I'll post it here.

That reminds me. I bought Metal Gear Acid with it which cost $80 (cough ripoff), so mabye I got a reduction there?

Thread Information