Thread: Hamsterbert Joins DCEmu and a WIP Update

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Hamsterbert Joins DCEmu and a WIP Update

Hamsterbert who entered the NeoFlash Comp with no less than 3 emulators which are a Nes, Genesis(Megadrive) and a Gameboy Emulator has joined our network of great Developers (The site is coming), he posted this WIP news in his forum.:

<blockquote>After reading a few comments on my emulator releases, and trying some other emulators, I have decided that I need to dramatically increase the capabilities of my ports. Before I give a little progress report I want to respond to some of the comments I have received and read on the various psp news sites. Some argue that there are already decent enough emulators for the systems my ports emulate so why waste my time? I agree that there are decent ports already out but:

a) I don't consider porting other emulators a waste of time, as different emulators are good for different things; especially when the existing emulators have quite obvious flaws or other short comings in the emulation.
    b) Its more fun for me to play games in my own ports.
    c) I need to get some more practice with pspsdk before I will attempt ports of emulators for more powerful systems, and even then I don't really have much interest as I prefer to play the games I played on or missed out on growing up, not ones I have had a chance to buy and get bored of as an adult.
    d) I like making random internet people angry, so if I get any apparently angry comments, I am even more motivated.

Anyway, Here is a little progress report:

I've spent a few hours getting to grips with the pspsdk sound API, and now PSPFCEUltra and PSPadrive have sound. Spurred on by this, I spent another hour or so working on PSPFCEUltra, and now it has an in-game menu where you can change options such as the screen rendering mode (stretched, correct ratio, bilinear filtered, etc), as well as save and load save states. I've started to rewrite the rendering code as well, as it seems a bit slow occasionally.

I'll be spending a few more hours on PSPFCEUltra in the next few days, and hopefully I will be releasing another version on the weekend. PSPadrive will take a bit longer than that, as what I plan on adding will take a little while.

PSP-gnuboy is probably dead at this point as I have ported a much better gameboy emulator over. Not only is it quicker, it seems to be a bit more polished.

Finally, thanks to wraggster and the dc-emu staff for the hosting. It’s much appreciated. </blockquote>

Keep your eye on further developments by Hamsterbert and reply via this thread --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21073

welcome to the family.

DCEmu Rookie

he's right. the current emulators aren't perfect and any work on emulators for psp is much appreciated by me.

maybe eventually we will have cheat code and full speed on all emulators someday.

Waste of talent imho.
    Later,

TSR

DCEmu Newbie

Good to see new versions and after if you have no idea of emu, a new port of amiga UAE would be great.

DCEmu Newbie

You make me really, really angry
    Hope that's motivated you...
    Maybe one day I'll be able to play Starfox on a SNES emu...

RAWR!!! THAT MAKES ME MAD!!!!

motivation?
    cant wait for new emus go man go!

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbert
    d) I like making random internet people angry, so if I get any apparently angry comments, I am even more motivated.
    You're perfect for the PSP emu scene!

Thread Information