Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSPHUGO: PC Engine Emulator for PSP v1.3.0 (CD MP3)

Thank you so much ZX for this update. I'm very happy you got the audio worked out for this cd emulation. I very much appreciate your work on all your softwares.

Just like the readme says mount bin/cue or iso/wav/cue with virtual cd tool then execute Turborip with these parameters
    TurboRip.exe /PCEP /RS=22050
    works perfectly on winXP SP2

I think with vista and windows 7 they have different or incompatible ASPI manager or support
    can anyone confirm if this is the case?
    You guys can always vmware XP from within vista/7 to execute perhaps.

Very nice work ZX, most impressive. I'm so happy to be able to play PCE-CD on a portable it's amazing. Everything working flawlessly here so far. Thank You

DCEmu Newbie

o

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by zx-81 View Post
    PSP Hugo support only toc files generated by TurboRip with the parameters /PCEP /RS=22050. Without those parameters, or without TurboRip it might just don't work.

90% of the games i've tried are working fine using TurboRip with /PCEP /RS=22050
    Will double check on the /PCEP /RS=22050 switches. Man, if so, I've gotta re-rip all my CDs.

Wish me luck!

good luck ... you can still rip your CD using Nero with MP3 encoding (using 22050 with 16 bits samples) with %N.%E for filename creation method.

Then using ImgBurn you can still display the TOC of the CD and using notepad++ (or any text editor) write manually your TOC file ...
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

Well, I used the cmd line that you provided for TurboRip and voila! Success!

Unfortunately, I had no music in 'Seirei Senshi Spriggan' and the other game that I tried, 'Beyond Shadowgate', had some music, but no voiceovers. Also, the gfx were supremely messed up, but I know that it's not the emu's fault because it was the same situation when I played it using the 'Yuna-swap'.

Maybe I'm missing a step along the way?

Dracula X and Fighting Street run fine for me and the playability of mp3 is a very, very nice addition. The only thing is that in-game sound is still bleeps and blops.

Thank you for this!

DCEmu Newbie

Great work ZX-81!!! I have tested some games and they work almost perfectly!! Big thanks for your effort!!!! I am extremely happy for the possibility of playing CD games in the PSP now with sound! :-)

As far as the "loop" bug is related, I think that I can put some light in the problem, as I have had a similar problem and I am almost sure about the reason.

The thing is that I am an amateur developer, and I have developed my own PC Engine games using HuC (it's a C compiler made by the people who made Hugo). Well, I have seen that the games made by me have that problem: the audio tracks loop, and it is really annoying!!. My games work perfectly in MagicEngine and Mednafen (both are PC emulators) but I think that psphugo has inherited a little bug that maybe was in the Hugo emulator too. I have read a bit of your code and I have tried to modify it to test my hypothesis, but sadly I am not able to compile it :-(

My hypothesis is the following: when I program a PC Engine game and I call the method to play a CD track, I can send 3 values to this method: MUTE, REPEAT and NORMAL (0,1,2). But if we see the source code of psphugo in the file mp3player.c, we see code like this:

if (isRepeatMode)

or

if ( !isRepeatMode)

In other words, psphugo is assuming that RepeatMode has only two values (0->Normal, 1->Repeat), but in my opinion, the PC Engine works with 3 valid values (MUTE, REPEAT, NORMAL).

In my opinion, this problem can be solved changing the if(!isRepeatMode) condition by the if( isRepeatMode == 0 || isRepeatMode == 2), and changing the if(isRepeatMode) by if(isRepeatMode == 1).

Sadly, I am not able to test it because I have not been able to compile the code, but I am willing to help to debug this problem, because fixing it, everybody will be able to play our homebrew games in the PSP with sound!!

If you want, let me know and I can even send you some of my games that can show this problem, or maybe if you can give me some clue about compiling the code, I can try to fix it myself and tell you if my hypothesis was right... or not.

Thank you very much again for your work. It's wonderful to find people like you developing both the PC Engine and the PSP scene!!! :-D

Thanks for your feedback

In all psp_mp3_play_file function calls the repeat parameter is always 0 or 1 (not 2 ). we can discuss those issues on msn (have a look to your private message )
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

DCEmu Newbie

Oh, I see that you are right, it seems that this issue can be at a lower level. Now I am a bit busy, but I will contact with you soon. I am very interested in helping to repair this point, as your emulator is the best thing that has happened to the PC Engine scene in a lot of time!! :-D
    Big thanks again!!

DCEmu Newbie

When playing Yamato the intro music plays well but the opening menu music loops during gameplay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information