The Ring inspired Nanashi no Game mixed horror adventure with a cursed retro RPG. The sequel, Nanashi no Game Me (Nameless Game: The Eye) includes the RPG of the dammed and a cursed platformer that sort of looks like I Wanna Be The Guy. Look at all of those sharp guillotine blades…

The story stars you as a college student studying anthropology who gets linked to the cursed game thanks to your professor. Anyone who plays the cursed game dies in seven days so you need to find out how to break the curse.

When you search for clues Nameless Game: The Eye is like an adventure game. You move your character with the stylus and scan dark areas. Everything in the real world is in 3D. The “eye” part of the title refers to a new ability. Your left eye, represented by the left screen, can sense the occult and see supernatural phenomenon.

Nameless Game: The Eye is scheduled to come out in Japan on August 27. A North American release has not been announced at this time, but since Nanashi no Game is now a series I imagine Square Enix will publish these titles internationally.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/05/29...ed-platformer/