Thread: Sony Ericsson ditching Memory Stick Micro cards in favor of MicroSD

Blog Entries

psp Sony Ericsson ditching Memory Stick Micro cards in favor of MicroSD

Sony Ericsson already tipped its hand by including nothing but plain old microSD in its recently announced Satio, Yari and Aino phones (not to mention the K850 even further back), but it looks like TrustedReviews has now gotten the official word straight from the source: SE is dropping Sony's own Memory Stick Micro format (or M2) in favor of the decidedly more standard microSD. While it's not clear if that'll be a clean break from here on out or not, Sony Ericsson Global Marketing Director Fortuné Alexander did say that the company is "moving in that direction," and at least a few more still unannounced handsets have apparently already made the switch. Next thing you know Sony will be dumping UMD. Oh wait.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/01/s...favor-of-micr/

About time as well... They should dump the whole Memory Stick format, it's been a big part in putting me off buying Sony branded products when i know i have to buy a card that's more expensive and doesn't have the selection of SD.

DCEmu Newbie

doesn't PSP GO! have M2 stick support then how we suppose to get some M2 by this fall ?????

Thread Information