Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Working NES Emulator Through MCE

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Xbox 360 Working NES Emulator Through MCE

Xexter has found a way to get a Nes Emulator working on the Xbox 360 via MCE, heres a few screens:

Heres what he posted:

<blockquote>I've attached a link to a version of NESCafe that works through Media Center on the Xbox 360. This is currently setup to run at 480p (Widescreen). You can edit the nes.htm file if it does not fit correctly on your screen. I haven't found a way to add a menu for the roms list so you will have to edit the nes.htm and change <param name="ROMFILE" value="/roms/whateverrom.zip" /> to whatever Nes rom you want to play. I've included a Public Domain rom for testing but have verified Zelda1-2, Excitebike, and TecmoBowl and all worked.

INSTALL: You will need to extract the rar into Cocuments and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Media Center\Media Center Programs\ on your media center box. It took a bit for the icon to show up under More Programs but it finally will.

NOTES: Sound is not functioning, Media Center 2005 is required. If it locks up you will need to run something that warns you that it is a web page and check the box that says "Don't show this again". Once you do that it should run fine. I created an MCL that just went to Google and then checked that box. I've also attached an image with the mapping of the Xbox Controller to the corresponding keyboard keys.</blockquote>

Video Link - Your Tube

Download Via Comments

Wow!

good job man keep up the good work

mines is locking up hwo i make a link to google or wuteve you said to do and make it not lock up .

will this in any way screw up the xbox 360

DCEmu Newbie

No, the lack of a proper cooling unit will screw up your 360 ; )

rumors are saying that bad memory by infineon or wuteve the memroy brand they ms decided to buy from sent out the wronf batch of memory to the 360 and causes the lockups and stuff and the overheating is that the cpu heatsink is not well placed or the gpu heatsink is not well placed or a combination of cheap thermal compound can also be it so thats why we have problems

hmm bad sentence structure but im too lazy to fix it ya understand what i wrote lol

DCEmu Newbie

Hi

i have run this emu and it works fine, to change the rom file you have to edit the nes.htm file, to do this you right click on the file then select edit, then right click on the java applet and select java applet properties, its not hard to find where the change needs to be made. but if you can't find it, its in the box called applet parameters, the very top entry called romfile, just modify the name of the zip file. ps dont forget to put your new rom into the nes rom folder in mce

kind regards. MM

Do you know if there's a way to emulate gba roms?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information