Thread: Miyamoto confirms new Zelda title for Wii

Blog Entries

Rev Miyamoto confirms new Zelda title for Wii

Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed a new Legend of Zelda title is in development for the Wii.

"To be honest with you, I really wanted to announce a Zelda game for Wii at this E3. But rather than think about something to bring you to show you, we really wanted to focus on actual game development," he said, speaking during a behind-closed-doors presentation, attended by our sister site, Eurogamer.net.

"However I didn't want to come empty handed, so I did bring the next illustration for the next Zelda title," said Miyamoto, before showing an oil painting-style art image.

"This illustration does contain elements that are central to the storyline, and I hope it does prove to you we are quite far into the development of the title," Miyamoto added.

"I would like to say we hope to bring it to you next year. It may take a little longer."

Miyamoto went on to reveal the game is likely to work with Nintendo's latest Wii accessory. "We'd like to make it compatible with Wii MotionPlus," he confirmed. "It's quite possible it will be playable only with Wii MotionPlus. The potential for it becoming MotionPlus-only depends of course on how well Wii Sports Resort sells.

"Maybe you can think of Zelda while you're playing with the swordfighting and archery in Wii Sports Resort," Miyamoto added. "But some people think of Zelda as more of an RPG with simpler controls, so trying to think of a way to keep everyone happy is going to occupy me."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-title-for-wii

Hmm, I wonder if this will have a save data exploit, just like in Twilight Princess? Most likely not but one can never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Shrygue View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if this will have a save data exploit, just like in Twilight Princess? Most likely not but one can never know...
    I highly doubt there's a need for another exploit any time soon... unless Nintendo finds a way to block bannerbomb.

Thread Information