This review basically has 3 purpouses.
1) To enlighten people on the Lumines game (for those who dont already have it)
2) To see if everyone likes my style so i can start making reviews for more recent games
3) To brush up on my english skills, i have been speaking an unhealthy amount of 1337 lately.

Ok, Here goes:

Lumines

"A minute to learn, a lifetime to master"

Lumines, regardless of its odd style, is a very enjoyable game and one that every PSP owner should look into. It is another take on tetris, except this time you have to make squares instead of lines. This works very well on the PSP, as it is easy to see (most of the time) and the wide psp screen gives you a wide playing area, and a lot of area to work with. I quote the board game Othello's catchphrase: "A minute to learn, a lifetime to master." This fits it perfectly. You can catch onto the game in around...lets say...5 minutes. But you will be forming strategies and playing methods for months, and you can never stop getting better. Fortunatley, the developers expected this, and put in a hefty load of themes for you to unlock as you progress further and further into the game. The puzzle mode is a nice addition, as well as two player versus.

Graphics: 8/10

The wide variety of themes make this game a real gem as far as graphics go. So far i have unlocked 30+ themes, and they show no sign of stopping. All of the backgrounds are fairly high quality (even if a few are very basic) and each theme has 2 different looks for the blocks. Unfortunatley, a select few of the themes can be real eyesores, as the background interferes with your playing ability. The blocks will clash with the backgrounds in a very nasty way, causing you to lose concentration. But this only happens with a few of the themes, and is not a huge issue.

Sound: 9.5/10

This game introduces a novel concept to puzzle games. The music goes along with how well you are doing in the game itself. Each theme has its own background music, and all of the music tracks fit their themes very well. The only downside is that some of the tracks are a little hard to listen to, but almost all of the music is very catchy.

Playability: 10/10

This is easily the easiest game to play on the PSP available right now. The development team got the controls down right, and playablilty is not an issue. 10 out of 10 no brainer.

Overall: 9/10

This game is a worthy addition to the PSP library, even of it is lacking in a few respects. The combination of playability and original ideas fits together well in this excellent puzzle game. Even with a few graphical problems, this game is probably the best puzzle game that will ever hit the PSP. A well earned 9 out of 10.