Shiny founder David Perry believes that the next logical evolution of the PSPgo is to include Sony Ericsson’s mobile phone service for the device.
Shiny founder David Perry believes that the next logical evolution of the PSP Go is to include Sony Ericsson’s mobile phone service for the device.
Perry – who proclaimed the potential of a PSP Go-like device as far back as 2007 – offers his view as part of Develop’s panel discussion on Sony’s new handheld, where eight leading developers give their verdict on the new device.

“The next logical step is to get Sony Ericsson involved, adding cell capability” he said, stating that he’s impressed with the steps Sony has taken so far in evolving from the original PSP.
Speculation linking Sony Ericsson to the PSP has surfaced numerous times in the past, most recently with Sony Ericsson president Hideki Komiyama expressing his interest in partnering with Sony’s game business.
Though none of the rumours have been met with confirmation from Sony, game consultant Perry has a history of pinpointing Sony’s next move.
As far back as 2007 he was calling for a PSP Go-like device, saying at the time: “The PSP should have had internally stored games. If you could download games and stick them on your memory card, then the battery life would go up exponentially, the machine could be smaller and things would be much cheaper. [UMD] was a bad idea to begin with.”
Back in February, Perry wrote on his confirmed Twitter account: “I hear Sony FINALLY has the PSP 2. And thank goodness, they’ve removed the stupid battery-sucking UMD disc drive. I’m excited!”
Today he sees a new direction for Sony to take. As well as incorporating cellphone technology into the device, he believes Sony should “supply a toolset that helps speed up the conversion process of PS3 source to PSP Go”.
He added that his main concern with the new handheld is its apparent omission of Flash. “I could find no mention of Adobe Flash in the menus,” he said, “I think that’s an essential component in any future web based devices.”

http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/287...t-logical-step