Unlike all the dozens of Warriors games Warriors: Legends of Troy is not being handled by Omega Force. Koei’s Canada studio is developing the title, which is a blend of Dynasty Warriors and Greek mythology.

The story is based on the Trojan War and Koei plans on taking some creative liberties with the setting. A representative from Koei coyly answered my question about fighting non human enemies with, “Yes, there will be mythological creatures.”

Koei Canada is working with a different set of tools than the other Warriors games and plan to tweak the formula the existing formula. For the first time heroes can equip shields and use them to bash foes. Paris (pictured) and other characters can scrounge around and use weapons from their fallen foes. Warriors: Legends of Troy also has online support for four players, which is a key addition for me. I don’t think I can trudge through another Dynasty Warriors style game solo. These kinds of games are always more fun when playing with a friend.

Warriors: Legends of Troy is slated for release on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in spring 2010.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/06/09...asty-warriors/