This is my first tutorial. I am making this to help answer some questions I have been seeing about how to hack the PSP-3000 or the PSP-2000 TA-088v3.

The very first thing you should make sure your PSP's firmware version is 5.03. You can do that by going to Settings->System Information->System Information.

You should see this:

If your PSP matches then you are good to go.

Now, make sure you download the ChickHEN files and 5.03GEN-A for HEN.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=214322 for the GEN-A
http://davee.x-fusion.co.uk/ for ChickHEN

Extract to a folder.

In the base ChickHEN folder there are 2 directories. For the PSP-3000 we will want to use the SLIM directory. In it you will find a folder called ChickHEN. Connect your PSP to the computer (we will be using drive G for the PSP but your letter may be different). Copy the ChickHEN folder to G:\PSP\PHOTO. If the PHOTO directory does not exist then create it.

In the ChickHENR2 folder (the one extracted from the zip file) there is a file called h.bin. Copy this to your PSP's root directory (G:\).

Congratulations, you now can have HEN enabled on your PSP.

To get the custom firmware loaded keep reading.

In the "CF 5.03GEN-A for HEN" folder there will be a program named LAUNCH-ME.exe. Open it. Make sure it is set up like I have it except change the "PSP Unit Drive:" box from G to what ever your PSP's letter is.

Click Start and a you will get a box that just says Done. Click OK.

Now look at your PSP and you should see a new folder called files. You are good to go.

Disconnect your PSP from the computer. On the XMB go to Photo->Memory Stick and open the ChickHEN folder.

Let the PSP do it's thing and bring up the picture previews. In a few seconds the screen will freak out and PSP will reboot.

Check your firmware version and you should see that you are now running ChickHEN R2.

Go to Game->Memory Stick and run the INSTALLER-LOADER program.

Press R or L and wait a few seconds while the CFW gets installed. Then press O to reboot the PSP.

Once the reboot is complete then check your firmware one final time.

If it looks like this then you are now ready to start using homebrew on your PSP-3000.

When you turn your PSP off you will have to reinstall ChickHEN and GEN-A. This is because the CFW is installed to RAM and makes no permanent changes to your PSP.