Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iris Zelda

Default Iris Zelda

I think a gewd idea for a Home brew game would be a Zelda OOT homebrew, or somthing imitating it or somthing completely new, just using the IRIS format.
    With some changes you could add some kind of jump and instead of a gun there could be a sword (but you can use arrows and you go in 1st person or somthing)
    Since Monkey 64 may not get the N64 running for a while, he's doing a good job though ::thumbs up::
    And it may be a while before we see our beloved Zelda on the psp.
    Any kewl programmers up to the task?

I am not precissely a programmer, but I think It could be a better Idea trying to port a classic Zelda game (well, MORE classic). I don't have an idea of what is a sourcecode (if someone or you knoww, please tell me), but I saw an adaptation of the classic NES Zelda for PC and I think it's possible to "extract" that Kode. Waddya think?

PLEASE, IF I SAID SOME NONSENSE DON'T LAUGH

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_35
    I am not precissely a programmer, but I think It could be a better Idea trying to port a classic Zelda game (well, MORE classic). I don't have an idea of what is a sourcecode (if someone or you knoww, please tell me), but I saw an adaptation of the classic NES Zelda for PC and I think it's possible to "extract" that Kode. Waddya think?

PLEASE, IF I SAID SOME NONSENSE DON'T LAUGH
    I know what you're talking about. Zelda Classic is a PC version of the classic NES game The Legend of Zelda. There is also a program which allows anyone to create their own quest to be played in Zelda Classic, including the overworld, and the dungeons, and everything. If ZeldaClassic were ported to PSP, anyone could create their own quest on their PC and put it on their PSP or just pick one of the many quests available on ZeldaClassic.com, and there would always be something to do.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I would love if someone could do it.

Zelda Classic is not exactly open source

Why not just play it through nesterJ honestly. I don't see why anyone would want to waste their time on a project like that if it runs perfectly through the emulator any way.

DCEmu Newbie

I know it does, I just have been thinking about how great it would be to make my own quest and then play through it on my PSP, or play some of the other quests that people have made on my PSP. It's much better than just... Zelda 1.

I didn't know if it would be possible, and I figured I'd suggest it. I guess it's not. I'm still enjoying my NesterJ Zelda

I didn't want to spread any information about this yet... but PSDemon tapped me onto this. There is already a project going on along that but there are alot of story alterations to avoid any IP violations. develpment ETA isn't a timely one... especialy considering the quality we want. but their should be constantly updated progress... check in PSMonkeys forum's over the weekend and you'll learn more.
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

why dont u try porting zelda ocarina of time to it?

because unlike some people, I dont like violating Intelectual Propery laws...

what I'm working on is based AROUND... OoT... but it has its own storyline and an altered version of the land of hyrule...
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

gotsta keep it legal 'fors ya get into sony's shoes

damn intelectual property laws!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information