Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSPXTI: A TI-92 Calculator emulator v1.0.5 (update)

Thumbs up PSPXTI: A TI-92 Calculator emulator v1.0.5 (update)

Hi All,

I've just released the version 1.0.5 of the PSP TI-92 calculator.

Computation errors have been found in previous versions of the emulator, and for example ln(x) function gave false results for x < 1.0.

After a long period of bug tracking, errors have been found in 12 instructions of the 68000 processor emulator.
    Those bugs were present in the original source code of Xtiger and they are all fixed now.

This version works with 2.xFW. and 1.5FW.

It's distributed under GNU licence and sources are included.

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

Default info plz

im kinda new to the seen is it possible to tell how to install this because this emulator will be great for my calculus classes

Unzip the archive and copy the contents of the fw2.0/pspxti or fw1.5/pspxti directory (depending on your PSP Firmware version) to the PSP/GAME/pspxti directory of your psp.

By the way, you can find all needed informations in the README.txt file included in the archive.
    here is my blog !

You will also need to have the ROM file for the ti-92 or ti-92+ which can be downloaded from the calculator itself using a romdumper.

If you don't own one, you *could* borrow a buddy's from your class or have him/her/it do it themselves and send you a copy.

If you aren't comfortable doing a romdump, then TI's website has a download page where you can download the OS. However, I don't know if this is the same thing as the ROM file. Someone had said it was not the same thing as the ROM file and another said it worked as long as you do something to it.

Can someone please clarify exactly what the file you can download from TI really is and (if you have to)/(how to) edit it to work with this emulator?

i may be wrong but website for ti has em i think

Quote Originally Posted by LampDev
    You will also need to have the ROM file for the ti-92 or ti-92+ which can be downloaded from the calculator itself using a romdumper.

If you don't own one, you *could* borrow a buddy's from your class or have him/her/it do it themselves and send you a copy.

If you aren't comfortable doing a romdump, then TI's website has a download page where you can download the OS. However, I don't know if this is the same thing as the ROM file. Someone had said it was not the same thing as the ROM file and another said it worked as long as you do something to it.

Can someone please clarify exactly what the file you can download from TI really is and (if you have to)/(how to) edit it to work with this emulator?
    The file available on TI web site (for educationnal purposes) is not compatible with PSPXTI . It's not really a ROM, it's a flash update, that have to be modified by removing the header of the files. Anyway this file is for hardware 2 version of TI-92, and PSPXTI is compatible only with TI-92 hardware 1.

PSPXTI supports only the TI-92+ ROM v1.1 or any TI-92 ROM.

On my web site you will find some more informations.
    here is my blog !

This comes with a ROM that appears to function. What does the TI-92+ ROM v1.1 do that the included ROM does not?

Any help would be appreciated.

The included rom is PedRom from Patrick Pelissier, and it's an Operating System for Ti-68k calculators. It can't be compared with the ROM from texas instruments, because it's completly different. I've put that rom with the emulator package only to show that this emulator is working fine, and for demo purposes (as they have done for the TiEmu project).
    here is my blog !

DCEmu Newbie

Not working here - the TI 'screen' is there, but the 'skin' / buttons, etc, are just black (imagine a TI screen floating in space)

I'm in Japan, using a Japanese PSP - V1.5 - could that be the reason? The last version of this app ran just fine

I see what happens, you have to copy the file xti-classic.bmp and xti-aqua.bmp on the PSP/GAME/PSPXTI directory of your PSP
    here is my blog !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information